6. Ronny Rodriguez (R) SS
7. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
8. John Hicks (R) C
9. JaCoby Jones (R) CF

Bill-806

Hate to say it , BUT this is a MUST WIN !! iono iono iono iono

Murph

Murph

All games are important but a must win with 140 to go I would not agree. At least Cora didn't make any strange changes. Need the bats to wake the hell up,

longgame

They just need to start playing well on a consistent basis. 

I wish I could search how many times I said our bullpen is going to be a huge liability over the off season.  But the offense really needs to step it up too.

longgame

markj

markj

markj

Tigers run themselves out of that inning. Or maybe they figure they have this one all sewn up, so why not run.

markj

Another loss. If you thought the Tampa Bay sweep was a sign of change, think again.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 23, 2019, 09:41:27 PM
Another loss. If you thought the Tampa Bay sweep was a sign of change, think again.

I did think we might have turned a corner, but only for a moment.  Then I thought what a bunch of gutless quitters this team has become and then became convinced that they didn't have the heart to sustain more than a blurb of a recovery.  Yes, my friends this is 2014 all over again and if you still doubt that you're all in for a world of hurt by this Fall.  Right now this team stinks and hope for it is very short.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 23, 2019, 06:20:52 PM

I wish I could search how many times I said our bullpen is going to be a huge liability over the off season.  But the offense really needs to step it up too.

We all heard you Ted except for those who didn't want to hear the truth, but the fact is all of us here are hurting.  It is hard to fathom just how far this team has fallen and how much dead weight we have on this team.  Don't be surprised if Dombrowski's brain grows again and he decides to get rid of some of the bums who we've been carrying under the false assumption that they are winning ballplayers.....AND WE ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

longgame

What really bothers me is the lack of offense.  They could be counted on to come up with a late rally if needed, but usually they had crooked numbers on the board early.  This year it seems like double plays and pop-ups are on order every time someone is on base.  Man, even Bradley can't manage to strike out with men on, he has to hit into a DP.

Chavis is a ray of hope, but he plays 2B like a 3B.  Watch how he covers the bag in particular, plus he doesn't have the footwork down yet.  He could get there though, but he may have a future at 1B. 

The rest, other than JD, I just don't know what to say.  They've got to collectively wake up.

I had hoped this homestand would settle them down.  It didn't feel like a normal season until they got home for this stand and finally had a stretch of games starting every night at 7PM.  So much for normalcy.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 23, 2019, 10:09:01 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 23, 2019, 06:20:52 PM

We all heard you Ted except for those who didn't want to hear the truth, but the fact is all of us here are hurting.  It is hard to fathom just how far this team has fallen and how much dead weight we have on this team.  Don't be surprised if Dombrowski's brain grows again and he decides to get rid of some of the bums who we've been carrying under the false assumption that they are winning ballplayers.....AND WE ALL KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Well, Fred to use your word the biggest bum, without doubt, is the reigning MVP hands down.

Bill-806

As DAD would say, "BASEBALL has a way of providing sincere HUMBLENESS" !!! iono iono