GAME #19, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ YANKEES

Started by markj, April 17, 2019, 01:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

The way this team is playing they are going to be a lock for 5th place.

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT!
Eovaldi pitches well for 6 innings.
Sox 3 - Yankees 1

AND then the bullpen BLOWS it.
Grand slam by Gardner - who had a crummy batting average.
Yanks 5 - Sox 3.

THEN, in the top of the 8th -
the Sox have the bases loaded with 2 outs
and Nunez flies out.

GAME OVER.
SOX LOSE again.

Dreadful season.
I feel sick.
HATE losing to the Yankees.

Workman BLEW IT - loads the bases,
Brasier gives up the Grand Slam.
Meanwhile Hembree gets a quick 1-2-3 out inning in the bottom of the 8th.

CRAP!

BoSoxFanNY

AND Mr. Mookie Betts has a batting average of .200

AND he wants Trout money???

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 17, 2019, 08:03:15 PM
DD has to find a left handed reliever asap

Too late; this probably kills us once and for all.  Dombrowski knew our pen was a potential disaster and did nothing about it wen he could have signed some of the good relievers available and then traded away a couple of our players who we could replace like Nunez, Vazquez or even Bradley and a prospect to keep us under the LT.  And the hell with the tax.  We needed help and tonight we blew a game we could have won because Jerkman once again showed he cannot handle the tough situations while Brasier made the wrong pi tch at the wrong time.  Welcome to 2014 again.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 17, 2019, 08:09:46 PM
Great at bat from the MVP.

Betts asked for it when he turned out any chance to come to terms on a new contract with the Red Sox last fall.  No, he wanted the big payday ala Harper, Machado and Trout.  Well Mookie, you're playing like Pukie and stinking up the joint.  Guess what, you ain't gonna get that big contract and don't be surprised if you keep up playing like the shitty ball you've been playing that the team doesn't ship your greedy ass out of town before the July 31 TD.  Sorry young man, but it looks to me like the worry about that contract and constricted your throat and guts and now you look like a shell of what you were.  And now you all know why I call him Jerkman.  He is one of the biggest chokers on our pitching staff and never should ever again be entrusted with a lead late in a ballgame.

Too bad once again Nathan pitched his heart out and was once again waylaid by the sloppy fielding Nunez and that pathetic Jerkman.  Brasier, what happened to you?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 17, 2019, 08:39:04 PM
AND Mr. Mookie Betts has a batting average of .200

AND he wants Trout money???

Mark my words, if Pukie Mookie keeps this up the team will ship his greedy ass out of town by the TD.  Hey Mook, start sharpening up your bowling arm.

BoSoxFanNY

MY heart aches.
I AM and will always be a Red Sox fan.

AND although it is only April 17 -
I, as a fan, feel defeated.

I may need to do something else this spring and summer.

I cannot remember a time when our team was so bad . . .
And to think that this team has the same players as last year,
makes this all the more hurtful.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 17, 2019, 09:48:24 PM
MY heart aches.
I AM and will always be a Red Sox fan.

AND although it is only April 17 -
I, as a fan, feel defeated.

I may need to do something else this spring and summer.

I cannot remember a time when our team was so bad . . .
And to think that this team has the same players as last year,
makes this all the more hurtful.

Bo, read what I have written and you know I feel it too.  I feel so empty inside, so furious at how our team is being pushed around by teams we ought to crush.  I owe all my friends here an apology for my anger for I know you are as frustrated as I am.  Fortunately for most of you to handle it better than I do.  I really feel miserable at these turn of events......and I was so elated and high just less than six months ago.  How could this happen.   I'm taking a week off to decompress.  I just love my Red Sox so much that every loss just about consumes me.

longgame

We do need to remember that teams go through stretches like this at times, just not usually at the beginning of the season.  The Astros won 10 in a row and a stretch like that can turn things around quickly.  That's the good news.

The bad news is that if you can't pitch, hit or field, you're not going to win 10 in a row.  Or 2 in a row. 

As for DD, I said it all winter - we don't have a MLB player at the catcher spot, we're going to need relief help and you can't count on Pedroia to come back.  But hey, what do I know, I just follow my team.  It's not like I have a full time job to identify and correct these issues.

I heard Dan Shaughnessy and he was saying the same thing we were saying.  The country club spring training, not addressing the very few needs they had, Betts seemingly scared of his own shadow.

Bill-806

WOW, another BLOWN game ??? As DAD would say, "SON, like SAND thru the HOURGLASS, so are the DAYS of our RED SOX " !! thumb_d iono iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl