GAME #17, MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2019, ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 15, 2019, 07:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

If this hadn't happened just a few years ago we'd be more complacent about it.  The Sox have done this a couple of times now - gone from a winner to a loser in a heartbeat - because they get babied and think they run the show.  Alex Cora - first rule of management - you can't be everyone's friend. 

Yesterday's lineup was a product of two guys being out but still that's not a valid excuse to have Vaz at 2B.  But if they can't field a decent team, then that sends a message to the other guys that they don't have to step it up either - we can stick one of our catchers in your spot. 

I fully expect to go 0-5 on this road trip as even the beaten up Yankees can still play. 

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on April 16, 2019, 08:15:35 AM
If this hadn't happened just a few years ago we'd be more complacent about it.  The Sox have done this a couple of times now - gone from a winner to a loser in a heartbeat - because they get babied and think they run the show.  Alex Cora - first rule of management - you can't be everyone's friend. 

Yesterday's lineup was a product of two guys being out but still that's not a valid excuse to have Vaz at 2B.  But if they can't field a decent team, then that sends a message to the other guys that they don't have to step it up either - we can stick one of our catchers in your spot. 

I fully expect to go 0-5 on this road trip as even the beaten up Yankees can still play.
0 & 5 ?? HOPE NOT, that would be the DEATH  KNELL for our 2019 SEASON...….. Would RATHER see  D D make a couple of MOVES to shke things up !! iono iono iono

BoSoxFanNY

I agree that this cycle of winning a World Series and then playing
a losing season the next is troubling AND exasperating!

AND this year in particular - the only players that did not return
are relief pitchers.  Just doesn't make sense to me.
It is as if they thought:  "We won it all last year, we are a good team,
we have the chemistry, we don't have to work at it.  We're good."

WHAT happened between winning it all in October and not playing well
from Spring Training on?????

longgame

That's exactly it Bo.  Winning became easy for them last year.  All the breaks went their way and they had great seasons collectively and individually.  It was too easy, they expect to show up and get a win.