GAME #16, SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019, ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 14, 2019, 08:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Great work by Price. Stiil blew too many chances, but with the O's, you can get away with that.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 14, 2019, 03:12:53 PM
Price was excellent.  Looks like he has recovered from.ST.  Bogaerts drove in all the runs.  Barnes closed it out after a  bit of drama and the Sox get the win.

Is it possible that Bogaerts may finally start getting some big hits for us when they are most needed????  I'm not on board yet but would like to believe he may have turned a corner.  However, Barnes should NOT be the closer.  He simply cannot get the first batter out he faces.  Just check his record.  You will see more times than not that the Meatball either walks the first batter or gives up a hit.  May be good with a four run lead but with a one run edge that could be fatal.  Make him the seventh or eighth inning pitcher Cora and stop playing it like you're the smartest man in the room.  The fact speak better than your hunches.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 14, 2019, 03:35:14 PM
Great work by Price. Stiil blew too many chances, but with the O's, you can get away with that.

Well we did get the big pitching job we needed today as David Price was in mid-season form.  Too bad we couldn't give him a little more support than we did.  BTW, I noticed on my cell phone that Benintendi was out of the game in the fourth or fifth inning.  Please tell me he didn't get injured.  He is one guy we cannot afford to lose.  Anyone has news on that?

Sea Dog 23

Fred, NESN says Beni fouled a ball off his foot.  Stayed in but came out later.  Cora says he's listed day to day.

https://nesn.com/2019/04/red-sox-notes-update-on-andrew-benintendis-right-foot-injury/

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 14, 2019, 08:16:31 PM
Fred, NESN says Beni fouled a ball off his foot.  Stayed in but came out later.  Cora says he's listed day to day.

https://nesn.com/2019/04/red-sox-notes-update-on-andrew-benintendis-right-foot-injury/
Thanks Sea Dog.  Now we have to discern exactly what "day to day" entails.  Hopefully only one game on the sideline.

markj

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 14, 2019, 09:36:27 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 14, 2019, 08:16:31 PM

Thanks Sea Dog.  Now we have to discern exactly what "day to day" entails.  Hopefully only one game on the sideline.

Looked pretty painful. Still, this happens a lot and the players are usually back in the lineup quickly.

longgame

They may be running a little short-handed today with JBJ with the flu and Beni with the sore foot. 

Nice to see a good starting pitching effort. 

Could have killed Barnes when he walked the first batter he faced.

Sea Dog 23

Today may be a washout.  Boston weather says 'drenching' rain by afternoon.  It was pretty rough on the  southeast Sunday.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 15, 2019, 09:10:18 AM
Today may be a washout.  Boston weather says 'drenching' rain by afternoon.  It was pretty rough on the  southeast Sunday.

Windy too.  We had tons of rain earlier in the weekend but I think that went through the northeast already.  The weather we had yesterday was very unsettled, we were under a tornado watch and it looked like a storm was imminent all day yet it never ended up raining.  Hopefully they can get through this one quickly and send the O's packing. 

Sea Dog 23

It's 11 AM and they're running the Marathon, a few puddles.  The Sox game is "blocked in your area" is what my TV says.

Sea Dog 23

Bottom of the 3rd.  Sox have no hits against a hurler with a 15.50 rra, giving 5 runs in each of his last two games.   sigh

elktonnick

Moved to correct game thread.