GAME #11, SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DIAMONDBACKS

Started by markj, April 07, 2019, 11:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Attaboy, Mitch. Moreland gets the Sox on the board with a solo dinger.

markj

Two solid inning from Barnes. Just need one more good inning from the bullpen.

markj

Swihart leaves the bases loaded by swinging at a pitch in the dirt. Sweet. Up to the BP now. No room for error.

Murph

markj

Swihart takes yet another bad bounce in the groin area. That's 2 in this game and 3 in the last couple of games. He must be rethinking the idea of playing behind the plate.

markj

Great, two outs and Brasier gives up a double. Tying run at 2B now. Don't want to see another walkoff.

markj

Done. Sox hold on to win. Solid pitching throughout this game.

Schloicka

Very good pitching today. Sox win 1-0. On to Tuesday at 2pm eastern.

BoSoxFanNY

FINALLY!
And the bullpen pitches DID their jobs.

Better than the starting pitchers . . .

Murph

Who would have thought the only bright spot of the 2019 Sox would be the pen? Maybe Cora should pull the Rays pen game more often.

elktonnick

Bresier closed it out in fine fashion.  The bullpen pitched outstanding baseball.  To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the relievers were given plenty of work in ST whereas the starters weren't hence the difference.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on April 07, 2019, 05:44:06 PM
Bresier closed it out in fine fashion.  The bullpen pitched outstanding baseball.  To repeat myself for the umpteenth time, the relievers were given plenty of work in ST whereas the starters weren't hence the difference.

YUP!
And you can see that they are/were prepared for the regular baseball season.

EVERYONE else seemed to be resting on their laurels.
I remember a game when Mookie and JBJ were talking about
their golf swings in the outfield (while miked.)
Another time talking about diapers.

YOU have to be prepared.

AND Alex Cora was so prepared and got the team doing the basics
in Spring Training 2018 - don't know why he chose not to do that or
something similar this Spring Training.

Bill-806

B I N G O  & a good night to all !!!  SOX are coming HOME !!!!! thumb_u iono iono iono

Sea Dog 23

Like Ted said, DBack pitcher had one game of big league experience, yet pitched a gem against us, save for Moreland's round tripper.  We simply have to start stringing some hits together early on in the next week.  Saturday we got three early, and the pitching gave it back.  We'll find out soon if this team can get it all working together.

longgame

Quote from: Murph on April 07, 2019, 05:42:56 PM
Who would have thought the only bright spot of the 2019 Sox would be the pen? Maybe Cora should pull the Rays pen game more often.

Amazing isn't it.  We all thought exactly the opposite - great starting rotation, we "know" they can hit, but oh, the bullpen!  If not for the pen they'd be even worse off - the pen has all three wins.  Velazquez was by far our most effective starter.  Go figure.

I'm going to give them a pass for this horrid start.  There's nothing we can do about it and for whatever reason a lot of other teams have had slow starts.  This road trip actually could have been worse, especially if not for Moreland who has been a key run producer on offense.  But now all the excuses are over.  They all slept in their own beds last night and again tonight and if they can't get fired up for tomorrow's game, then it's hopeless.