GAME #9, FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DIAMONDBACKS

Started by markj, April 05, 2019, 10:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Mookie with a 2-run dinger. Pretty much useless at this point.

markj

More late-game heroics, but there is still a long way to go. Like, if they double their current tally, they're still down by 4 runs.

markj

Nunez is pitching. 1st time ever. Baseball needs a mercy rule, I guess.

markj

Sox seem to be enjoying the show. Why do I get the feeling they're not taking this season seriously yet? There's goes a dinger. Now 15-5.

markj

All things considered, Nunez didn't do too badly. Just the one run.

markj

Sox making this look a lot more like a game than it was. Now 15-8.

markj

Sox have given up 67 runs in 9 games. Just shy of 7.5 runs per game. Oy.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 05, 2019, 07:37:30 PM
Porcello is done IMO.  82 pitches through 4.  A control pitcher who's who can't locate ain't gonna fool batters with 90mph fast balls.

Well at least Dombrowski knows that Porcello is one guy we can let walk unless he's crazy and signs him to a new contract.  If he has a semblance of a brain he most certainly won't.  Aside from that I save m venom for a little longer on this thread.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 05, 2019, 04:19:06 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 05, 2019, 03:37:56 PM
Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on April 05, 2019, 03:11:08 PM
Meanwhile our Sox are playing Game 8 out of 11 straight games
and I noticed that the Yankees seem to have another off day today
and they had a day off after the first game of the season.

CRAZY.

Sure hope our team starts to rebound
AND their schedule gets a little easier

Sorry Bo, our schedule wasn't that hard to begin with, certainly not so hard that we couldn't have done better then 2-6.  Now they have to get themselves ready to play decent baseball and start winning those games.  PS---anyone know what has happened to our pal IPOT.  He hasn't been on board since last Fall. If you're out there my friend please check in.

The schedule actually works out better for the Red Sox because they avoid playing in the colder weather with a greater risk of injury and secondly they got rid of a west coast trip early. 

The schedule itself isn't why their record sucks.  Their record sucks because Cora failed to properly get this team ready to start the season.  The fact that they played later in the year is nonsense as an excuse for not getting his starters properly prepared.  The World Series ended 4 months prior to the start of spring training.  The Dodgers played as long as Boston and their record is 5-2.

I saw this team in ST and I've now seen them enough since opening day to know Cora didn't have his club either physically or more importantly mentally ready for the regular season..

We're getting smashed by teams we should be able to beat.  Our pitching is crap, our mental toughness is crap and Cora is starting to undue all the good he did last year.  Elk led the charge over and over again and kept saying this team was NOT ready for the season BEFORE THE SEASON EVEN GOT UNDER WAY.  Hey give me some credit though.  I think I said it first after we lost four of the first five ST games.  We just looked like we were going through the motions while Cora was acting like Alfred E. Newman.  Come on David......get us a win tomorrow.

One good point to make.  Blake Swihart is now hitting 500 and driving in runs.  One bad point to make...he will be on the bench tomorrow, mark my words while Cora plays semi-nepotism and puts his national ally Vazquez back in there with his sub 200 average.  My point.....Give enough playing time to Blake and his offense and defense will get better and we will have a strong offensive threat behind the plate.  Just my opinion......my very strong opinion....and with our shitty pitching we need every bat we can get in that lineup, something I've said since ST.

Bill-806

As DAD would say...…  "SON, this team isn't as good as they think they are" !!!  ALSO, big $$$$$$$/YEARS is a drain on the system!!!    Another thing DAD would say, "SON, its later than we think" !!! thumb_d iono iono iono iono

longgame

I'm amazed that after I turned off the game, both teams scored a game's worth of runs in a couple of innings.  This is just difficult to watch because they just aren't playing well at all.

Here's a deal for the Sox - send out a tweet when you're done with Spring training and maybe we'll watch.  And next year, when the rest of the teams start actually training, try doing the same.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 06, 2019, 11:02:33 AM
I'm amazed that after I turned off the game, both teams scored a game's worth of runs in a couple of innings.  This is just difficult to watch because they just aren't playing well at all.

Here's a deal for the Sox - send out a tweet when you're done with Spring training and maybe we'll watch.  And next year, when the rest of the teams start actually training, try doing the same.

It is distressing Ted and I almost broke my promise to my wife and went ballistic last night after I told her last October that I would be a new man after what our team did.  I wanted that World Series Titles more than the other three we got, a lot lot ,more and my prayers were answered.  BUT, I never thought we would be so pitiful in ST while going through the motions and then start out with a stinker of more than a week's worth of inept baseball.