GAME #9, FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX @ DIAMONDBACKS

Started by markj, April 05, 2019, 10:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Holt K's on a ball in the dirt. And this after muffing that play. None of these guys are showing the intensity from last year.

markj

longgame

Now a homer.  This gets Porcello’s ERA up around 20. 

longgame

Completely useless.  This is freaking ridiculous.  Just don’t know what they’re going to do this year if they can’t hit or pitch.  This all smells of chicken and beer.

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on April 05, 2019, 07:51:02 PM
Completely useless.  This is freaking ridiculous.  Just don’t know what they’re going to do this year if they can’t hit or pitch.  This all smells of chicken and beer.

They came in to this year thinking they were going to cake walk.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 05, 2019, 07:54:09 PM
Quote from: longgame on April 05, 2019, 07:51:02 PM

They came in to this year thinking they were going to cake walk.

Exactly,  Why have Spring Training if you already think you’re the best.  Won and Done!

longgame

It is really striking to watch no-names and cast-offs just come to the plate, make contact at the first pitch over the plate and mash it.  Our guys look like they’re facing the top pitchers in the league night after night.

Wake up Sox.

longgame

Grand Slam and second HR of the game for Ketel Marte. 

O’Brien got it right, although he was only referring to this game (I think), but “this is getting out of hand”.

What amazes me is that I can barely recall games where I stop watching yet this year I’ve pretty much given up on every one.

elktonnick

This team isn't just losing, they are getting demolished and humiliated

elktonnick

markj

Getting their butts kicked by a pushover team. Pretty damn sad. *Maybe* this will act as a wake-up call to get them focused. I can hope, right?

Sea Dog 23

Appears that all these guys are playing for themselves.  One decent inning then nothing.  A team this week lacking any leadership OR confidence in Cora.  I really hope it is not the latter.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 05, 2019, 08:42:10 PM
Appears that all these guys are playing for themselves.  One decent inning then nothing.  A team this week lacking any leadership OR confidence in Cora.  I really hope it is not the latter.

For the record, last year Cora got the benefit of all the breaks going his way.  Now the percentages are catching up to him.  Plus he was too smug about his approach to spring training.  I thought they broke camp a good two weeks behind in where they should have been in preparation.

markj

The Thornburger is in to further assist in the 'Backs batting practice.

markj