4. Khris Davis (R) DH
5. Chad Pinder (R) 3B
6. Mark Canha (R) 1B
7. J. Profar (S) 2B
8. Ramon Laureano (R) CF
9. Josh Phegley (R) C

Murph

Sea Dog 23

ERod gives it all back allowing a 3run shot to Piscotty.

Murph

Need some clutch hitting with sacks loaded.Can't win leaving sacks loaded.

Schloicka

That was interesting watching Betts & JBJ looking at each other for a 2 run double.

Murph

markj

Someone send a note to the team that the season has begun. These games are just as important as games in August.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: Murph on April 04, 2019, 04:10:08 PM
Breaking news......Erod is a waste of a Sox uni.

84 pitches in 3-2/3.  That will really hammer your BP with that kinda load.  The bats surely got quiet since the 3rd.  You get the feeling these guys know our pitchers just can't hold a lead and get that sinking feeling .... again.  Hello Arizona.

SeaBeachFred

Well that good feeling we had last night didn't last long, did it?  Listless again today, blowing a lead and having E-Rod once again throwing tons of pitches up there with no idea of what the hell he was going.  We need to win that Arizona series no matter what so at least we can come home with some momentum  A hat trick would be even better even though we have to worry that Porcello might have one of those days when everything he throws up there get hammered as it was in Seattle last Sunday.  Still, we need to overcome that and win at least two of three games against the D'Backs.

longgame

No excuses any more.  After a week of getting beaten around by better prepared teams, they have a chance to show they can win when things are even and the other team is, well, bad. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on April 04, 2019, 07:00:11 PM
No excuses any more.  After a week of getting beaten around by better prepared teams, they have a chance to show they can win when things are even and the other team is, well, bad.

You hit the nail on the head citing "better prepared teams"  Cora has done a poor job of ensuring this team was prepared for the season.  I saw some unfocused ball players out there today. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 04, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

You hit the nail on the head citing "better prepared teams"  Cora has done a poor job of ensuring this team was prepared for the season.  I saw some unfocused ball players out there today.

I don't know what it is with Alex Cora.  Could he have developed a bad case of hubris over the winter?  Has he taken his foot off the pedal and just decided to relax?  Is he taking the point that there is plenty and plenty of time?  Has he decided to become the modern day version of Alfred E. Newman with a WHAT ME WORRY attitude?  Man, I don't know what his problem is, but the team sure doesn't look anything like the one I saw last October in Fenway Park.  One thing I will venture to say, though, and that is to me our team was not ready when the season began and they still seem to be going through the motions.  I can only wonder when they are going to snap out of this funk and start taking it to teams we know we should be beating.

Murph

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 04, 2019, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: Murph on April 04, 2019, 04:10:08 PM
Breaking news......Erod is a waste of a Sox uni.

84 pitches in 3-2/3.  That will really hammer your BP with that kinda load.  The bats surely got quiet since the 3rd.  You get the feeling these guys know our pitchers just can't hold a lead and get that sinking feeling .... again.  Hello Arizona.

84 pitches in 3-2/3

Pretty much the normal PC for him'

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 04, 2019, 08:58:13 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 04, 2019, 08:25:41 PM

I don't know what it is with Alex Cora.  Could he have developed a bad case of hubris over the winter?  Has he taken his foot off the pedal and just decided to relax?  Is he taking the point that there is plenty and plenty of time?  Has he decided to become the modern day version of Alfred E. Newman with a WHAT ME WORRY attitude?  Man, I don't know what his problem is, but the team sure doesn't look anything like the one I saw last October in Fenway Park.  One thing I will venture to say, though, and that is to me our team was not ready when the season began and they still seem to be going through the motions.  I can only wonder when they are going to snap out of this funk and start taking it to teams we know we should be beating.

Cora has said that he is always calm and if he changed that he's concerned about what that would convey to the players.  But you have to be ready to play and these guys need something to light them up.  If these first two disastrous series weren't enough to wake them up, then it will be a long season.  That being said, these guys have to be beat.  Last year they started the season in Florida, home away from home and in the same state where they had been based the prior 6 weeks.  This year they left Florida, played two in AZ against the Cubs and then on to 8 straight against the teams that started earlier.  Has any other team not at least played in their own time zone in the past 2 weeks?

Bill-806

2 & 6  ?????? Time to shake that ROSTER a bit, complacency is an awful thing on TEAM SPORTS ?? iono iono iono iono iono