GAME #1, MARCH 28, 2019, BOSTON RED SOX AT MARINERS

Started by Bear, March 26, 2019, 07:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Seattle batting practice. Yet another dinger. Sox down 8-2.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on March 28, 2019, 07:51:25 PM
I think Sale only went 5 innings in that game mainly against Pirates guys wearing very high numbers on their backs meaning they weren't their best.

You could be right.
AND yes, he was not pitching against a starting MLB lineup.

The Mariners have about the same amount of hits - their hits have home runs.
Sox have left 7 men on base.

NOT a good start to the season.
Really disappointed, especially with the way the game started.

CRAP

Sea Dog 23

markj

Sox eke out another run courtesy of an RBI double by Vaz.

markj

Maybe they can do better against Seattle's BP now.

markj

markj

Was just thinking that Velazquez didn't do too bad and then he loads up the bases with one out. Hembree coming in. I am not hopeful.

longgame

It looks to me that the couple of games that Seattle played got them up to game speed while the Sox are in extended spring training.

I’m surprised Sale got in 9, I wasn’t sure he had thrown a third time.  Certainly not ready.

How Hembree.  Gasoline, meet fire.  Yikes.

markj

Hembree walks in a run on 4 pitches. Ugh. Useless.

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on March 28, 2019, 08:43:41 PM
It looks to me that the couple of games that Seattle played got them up to game speed while the Sox are in extended spring training.

I’m surprised Sale got in 9, I wasn’t sure he had thrown a third time.  Certainly not ready.

It isn't just the pitching but the Sox are playing sloppy baseball.  This team simply does not look ready for the regular season.  I know they lost on opening day last but they started last year with a mission.

BoSoxFanNY

BOTH teams have 10 hits
AND the Mariners made the best of their hits.

Mariners 10 - Sox 4

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on March 28, 2019, 08:58:48 PM
Quote from: longgame on March 28, 2019, 08:43:41 PM

It isn't just the pitching but the Sox are playing sloppy baseball.  This team simply does not look ready for the regular season.  I know they lost on opening day last but they started last year with a mission.

YUP!
They didn't look good in Spring Training.

AND last year they looked great in Spring Training
and took off in the regular season.

Hopefully, we can check this off as one bad game . . .

Murph

Side note on Sale .Staring 2018 like the way he finished last 3 months of 18 and we know how terrible that was.

markj

Thornburg gives up a 2-run dinger. Why on earth is he still on the roster? He has *never* done well in a Red Sox uniform.