Main Menu

Who will be CBO?

Started by Sea Dog 23, September 18, 2023, 10:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on November 02, 2023, 11:03:02 AM
Once again I'm sure most Sox fans are on the same page - we think Breslow is a smart and likely capable guy, he has a history with the Sox and then with Theo, BUT, will they let him do the job? 

We'll know soon as they ought to be ready with some targets out of the gate and unlike Bloom they hopefully won't wait until February.

First Ted,  thanks for the birthday greeting.  I never saw it until today since I never posted or read anything on October 27th.  More importantly, will the front office hanger ons allow Breslow to do his job to get our team our the gutter and back to repectability?  That's my big question.  We should be starting on that revival process starting right now.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on November 02, 2023, 11:30:20 AM
Quote from: longgame on November 02, 2023, 11:03:02 AM
Once again I'm sure most Sox fans are on the same page - we think Breslow is a smart and likely capable guy, he has a history with the Sox and then with Theo, BUT, will they let him do the job? 

We'll know soon as they ought to be ready with some targets out of the gate and unlike Bloom they hopefully won't wait until February.

I saw parts of the press conf.  He is good at handling an audience, and some of the reporter questions were loaded.  "Will you be able to spend for contracts that will get you the players you want?  Breslow:  "We are committed to winning."  And a couple other questions, he was able to sidestep some land mine offerings.  He has learned it in short order from Kennedy, but I'm sure he was instructed well in Chicago by Theo and Jed Hoyer.

What gives me a big WTH moment with Breslow, he was all consumed with pitching analytics.  Does he know anything about contract negotiations with R/H power hitters?  He did not attend many Chicago FO meetings, and prefered to stay home in Newton, Mass and ZOOM in on the meetings.  He was not the GM, he was only the Asst GM.  It is going to be an interesting progression.  But how quickly can he master all the duties.  He'll neet a lot of help from Romero (?) and Racquel.

One consolation on that front SD.  He cannot be as pathetic in his job as Bloom was.  He simply cannot!!!!  That at least is a step in the right direction but it has to now be full steam ahead.d  And a message for you Kennedy.  Stay in your office and stay the hell away from Breslow and his assignment.  You have been nothing much but a Bloom Lite.