5. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
6. Austin Riley (R) 3B
7. Adam Duvall (R) RF
8. Johan Camargo (S) 2B
9. Ender Inciarte (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 10%

Sea Dog 23

So the flavor de jour is Kickham.  When I lived in Texas kick'em was the marching orders for the Aggies.  Different from hook'em.  Sorry, I need to get back to work.

Bill-806

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 link=topic=10971.msg66874#msg6687 iono iono4 date=1599054885
So the flavor de jour is Kickham.  When I lived in Texas kick'em was the marching orders for the Aggies.  Different from hook'em.  Sorry, I need to get back to work.
WHO ?????  & the lost summer of 2020 continues on to Nov. 3rd !!!!! iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Kickham?  Who the hell is he?.  Seems to me he is in the line of Brewer, Weber and that shit Hart who looked like the worst of the lot if that can be believed.  Looks like I'll be pulling what's left of my hair again tongiht.

Sea Dog 23

Well Kikham didn't get the start (Leyler), but Kik was the follower in the 2nd.  Trivia, he just threw his first MLB pitch since 2014.  His adventure didnt start well, a double, homer, single, two runs in, still no outs.  Such is life with 2020 Sox.

BoSoxFanNY

WHY take Leyler (who is he anyway?) out after one inning?
He didn't allow any runs and had 17 pitches.

Sox score 3 runs in the bottom of the 1st inning . . .

AND WHO is this Kikham?
Gave all 3 runs back

BoSoxFanNY

Sox lose to the Braves 7 - 5.

They actually had a lead 5 - 4,
and then relief pitcher Triggs (WHO the heck is he?)
gave up 3 runs.

And that's it.
Another loss  . . .

BoSoxFanNY

My only enjoyment this season is watching and hoping
that the Yankees will lose . . .

Sad, I know.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on September 02, 2020, 07:14:52 PM
WHY take Leyler (who is he anyway?) out after one inning?
He didn't allow any runs and had 17 pitches.

Sox score 3 runs in the bottom of the 1st inning . . .

AND WHO is this Kikham?
Gave all 3 runs back

Why Bo?  Because Roenicke is a total piece of crap as a manager who had done these things since he took over  He has made a very bad team arguably the worst in baseball and I really believe now that this season is going to leave some very serious scars on our team that may last for years.  How the hell can you pitch a guy who hasn;'t thrown a Major League game since 2014?  Is Roenicke bucking to get his ass fired or has be been promised that come what may he will be back in that manager's chair next season because Prune Face doesn't want to spend any money on a real good young manager.  Your guess on that is as good as mine.  What I do know is that when this rotten season is over we will have as many last place finishes this century as WS Titles and that is a disgrace to every loyal Red Sox fan in the country.  This is all on you Henry, you worthless piece of refuse.

longgame

Can't blame Roenicke, he only has what they give him and somehow as I've said multiple times, they made no effort to fully staff their pitching roster.  Then they traded away a couple of the better ones.  Of course Eovaldi is hurt too. 

I keep saying that it's a good thing they picked this year to tank as it is so short.  At least last night's game was entertaining. 

Sea Dog 23

On MLB,  the site of Fenway Park recorded a history note last night, the second batter recorded a 3-homer night in games in a series --- Ozuna and whazitshammer.  Ruth and Gherig did the same, but was in a doubleheader.  Ah, the curse of 2020 has no end.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 03, 2020, 09:56:10 AM
On MLB,  the site of Fenway Park recorded a history note last night, the second batter recorded a 3-homer night in games in a series --- Ozuna and whazitshammer.  Ruth and Gherig did the same, but was in a doubleheader.  Ah, the curse of 2020 has no end.

I believe that I posted elsewhere that there is a good chance that Rowdy Tellez could make it three nights in a row.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on September 03, 2020, 08:02:21 AM
Can't blame Roenicke, he only has what they give him and somehow as I've said multiple times, they made no effort to fully staff their pitching roster.  Then they traded away a couple of the better ones.  Of course Eovaldi is hurt too. 

I keep saying that it's a good thing they picked this year to tank as it is so short.  At least last night's game was entertaining.
  TRUE, the pitching staff was cooked last year, age & pain !!!  This product is tough to watch , not sure if SUNDAY MORNING BARROOM SOFTBALL would be a better take ????? sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono iono As`DAD would say, "SON, wait till NEXT YEAR"  !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 03, 2020, 01:48:28 PM
Quote from: longgame on September 03, 2020, 08:02:21 AM

TRUE, the pitching staff was cooked last year, age & pain !!!  This product is tough to watch , not sure if SUNDAY MORNING BARROOM SOFTBALL would be a better take ????? sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono iono As`DAD would say, "SON, wait till NEXT YEAR"  !!!! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

No Bill, WAIT UNTIL 2023.  This season is going to leave some serious scars on our team. Players who have been going at half ass speed this season will carry it into the next two and will believe they are going all out when in fact they are going at two-thirds speed.  That is what usually happens when a team is rotting from the head down; t;hey think they are going all out when they are not and losing even becomes comfortable because it doesn't take that much effort to lose and get used to it.  If Bloom really has the power he was suposed to be given he should do  thorough house cleaning this Fall and keep only those players who he is convinced are winning ones and will fight like hell to regain their self respect.

Sea Dog 23

One more caveat, Fred.  Make that two.  With the union and the owners at each others throats this summer (pre July), what will baseball look like after the CB agreement next summer?

And two, will Henry opt out and sell the team if he doesn't like all this drama in Boston?? I'm sure he has made enemies in the press.  This off-season will also be revealing me thinks.