GAME #24 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2020 - PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by longgame, August 18, 2020, 02:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Wow guys----and I was looking towards this August 19 to celebrate something but I wonder if I am pulling a gag on my friends on this board by even mentioning it-----TWENTY YEARS AGO TODAY, AUGUST 19TH, 2000, I SAW PEDRO MARTINEZ PITCH A SEVEN INNING SHUTOUT AS THE RED SOX TRASHED THE RANGERS 9-0.  AFTER THAT GAME I WALKED OUT OF FENWAY PARK A RED SOX FAN.  Sorry, I can't feel in a celebrating mood today as we see the shipwreck our beloved team in in.  Still all in all I do look back at this converdsion with mostly happy memories.

Sea Dog 23

Fred, also on this date Tony Canigliaro was beamed by Hamilton of the Angels (?).  Was carried off the field on a stretcher.  I think it was '68.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 19, 2020, 02:42:32 PM
Fred, also on this date Tony Canigliaro was beamed by Hamilton of the Angels (?).  Was carried off the field on a stretcher.  I think it was '68.

It was 1967, the year of the Impossible Dream, but IJ also thought it was August 18th when it happened.  Well I know the year just not the exact date.  You're probably right on that.