5. Gary Sanchez (R) DH
6. Miguel Andujar (R) LF
7. Thairo Estrada (R) 3B
8. Erik Kratz (R) C
9. Tyler Wade (L) 2B

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 29%

longgame

Love this schedule, as if they don't suck enough they get to play 7 in NY and only 3 in Boston.  I was thinking it would be interesting if we posted a win chance percentage instead of chance of precipitation.  I'd say close to zero chance of winning based on what we've seen on display.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 17, 2020, 01:02:02 PM
Love this schedule, as if they don't suck enough they get to play 7 in NY and only 3 in Boston.  I was thinking it would be interesting if we posted a win chance percentage instead of chance of precipitation.  I'd say close to zero chance of winning based on what we've seen on display.

Perez had a 9.57 ERA against the Yankeesa last season.  So you figure out our chances tonight.  ZERO% sound about right.  And why is it that every starter we send out there seems to get mashed early on and enable us to try and fail to come back.

BoSoxFanNY

ANOTHER loss -
Yankees 6 - Sox 3.

Rain delay certainly stopped their momentum -
wonder if they would have scored more when
they went into rain delay.

ONLY silver lining - no more games in Yankee Stadium.

Will this team ever win another game?

(AND normally I am sick to my stomach when the Sox lose
to the Yankees. Yet, I knew that we would lose - no competition.
SO VERY SAD.)

longgame

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on August 17, 2020, 10:51:40 PM
ANOTHER loss -
Yankees 6 - Sox 3.

Rain delay certainly stopped their momentum -
wonder if they would have scored more when
they went into rain delay.

ONLY silver lining - no more games in Yankee Stadium.

Will this team ever win another game?

(AND normally I am sick to my stomach when the Sox lose
to the Yankees. Yet, I knew that we would lose - no competition.
SO VERY SAD.)

I was thinking that the rain delay was so emblematic of this team this year.  They can't catch a break.  They finally get a couple of guys on and a run in and the skies open up.

Then they went back to sleep.

I was brave enough to watch the postgame show for a few minutes.  Roenicke really doesn't impress me as a guy who is fully in charge of what is happening around him.  He seems lost and of course so is his team.  I think we all knew the pitching would stink but thought with some hitting they could be fun to watch.  They're not.

BTW, can someone teach Chavis to a) be a little more selective and b) to not swing for the fences every time?  Maybe some of the other guys can be a little patient and not fall behind in the count every single time (the opposite of our pitching staff that can't throw a strike to save their lives)?  So frustrating to watch this crap.

So here we are - 23 games in or more than a third of the season.  Somehow, we've played 9 games out of 23 in NYC (not that it would make much of a difference).  They're playing at a pace that would put them 42-120 in a 162 game season.

The best we can hope for is a virus outbreak to mercifully end the season.

longgame

Alex Speier
@alexspeier
·
8h
The Red Sox have gotten swept in back-to-back four-game series for the first time since 1932 -- a season that yielded the worst record (43-111, .279) in team history. Through 23 games (38% of the season), this year's team has a .261 winning percentage.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on August 18, 2020, 08:18:32 AM

Alex Speier
@alexspeier
·
8h
The Red Sox have gotten swept in back-to-back four-game series for the first time since 1932 -- a season that yielded the worst record (43-111, .279) in team history. Through 23 games (38% of the season), this year's team has a .261 winning percentage.
1932, 1932 ??????  More proof that the "earth has stood still" !!!!! Why is DEVERS still hitting 2nd ????  Shake that team up NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! Drain that SWAMP, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!! sigh sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

This is beyond embarrassing.  The team can't hit  worth a damn either.  The pitching is pathetic to the core and Roenicke is out of his depth.  And while Vazquez says he likes his ring that none of the Yankees have, he like others are living in the past.  We need a thorough housecleaning by Bloom and admit that this time around we need a full throated rebuilding job.  And Henry must keep the hellout of the way and let Bloom do his job.  That's what he was hired for.