5. Michael Conforto (L) RF
6. Yoenis Cespedes (R) DH
7. Robinson Cano (L) 2B
8. Wilson Ramos (R) C
9. Brandon Nimmo (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 12%

Sea Dog 23

I'm trying my darndest to recall either of these pitchers.  Dusty Baker said today, MLB is having a large amount of injuries to pitchers due in part not having adequate time to prepare the pitchers.  They all have themselves and owners to blame for the endless negotiations.

longgame

I'm amazed that not only are we throwing guys out there who are not starter material, but that I haven't heard of half of the guys who have taken the mound so far. 

It's funny, all this time I told myself, it's 60 games, they're going to stink so I'm not going to get invested - and here I am pissed that they can't field a team!

SeaBeachFred

It does eat away at you the way we look after just four games.  We seem to sign a lot of pitchers formerly of the Tigers and I wonder......did they win the WS last year that we seem to want to sign those guys?  Now Mat Hall?  Who the hell is he anyway?  Probably will find out by Rem or Eck when the guy walks to the showers after getting the living shit beat out of him.  Man this hurts.....and it's only after four games.

longgame

It’s funny that I saw the board message about it being the same movie because I was just thinking that NESN seems to be putting on reruns every night with the Sox falling behind early.

elktonnick

If you all recall this how they started last year.   

Sea Dog 23

This is like the movie 'Groundhog Day'.  Every day starts the same and ends the same.  In the 2nd Mets unload on Monte Hall, or whoever it was they trotted out there.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP!

Another home run -
MET 5 - Sox 1.

Sox had the bases loaded - NO OUTS and they
scored one friction' run on a double play and out
of the inning.

CRAP!
THIS TEAM stinks.
AND WHO are these pitchers that the Sox are trotting out there.

JUST HOPE that they cancel this "shortened" season due to COVID 19.
(I sincerely hope no one gets really sick - just not safe for players to play.)

BoSoxFanNY

THIS team has hit into TWO double plays -
with a real chance to score.
DAMN!

METS lead 5 - 1 in the top of the 6th inning
with men on first and second.

CRAP!

BoSoxFanNY

Top of the 8th inning
METS 6 - Sox 2.

Make that MET 8 - Sox 2
Going to the bottom of the 8th inning.

WE are TOAST.

The METS have young starting pitchers who seem
to be pitching very well against the Sox.

TRULY sad to watch this team . . .

BoSoxFanNY

METS WIN 8 - 3.

LINE -
METS   8 runs, 10 hits
SOX     3 runs,  10 hits

RIDICULOUS

BoSoxFanNY

Meanwhile, the Washington Nationals -
World Series Champs have started their season 1 - 4 too.

WHAT is going on with them?
What is their excuse.
Just asking . . .

SeaBeachFred

Hall is just another piece of pitching trash Roenicke has trotted out there but I notice he seems to likethis Brice puker.  The guy gives up five run his first appearance and two more tonight in less than two innings=-----and to a Mets team that had trouble scoring runs against Atlanta last weekend.  And Brasier who once showed promise and moxie has turned into a bating practice pitcher.  Good God, they are pounding the shit out of our pitchers.  And many of our so-called hitters can't seem to get untracked, and we also seem flat and disinterested.  It is a frickin' joke.  Heuy Prune Face sitting up in your yacht, what the hell are you planing on doing about this debacle or dod you want to match your four titles with four last place finishes  the past 17 years?

longgame

They are stunningly bad.  The play with Beni on 2B where he runs into the out to end the inning after the Sox had the bases loaded and none out was exemplary of the dumpster fire that is this year's Red Sox.  At least I made it through most of the game last night as they threatened a couple of times, but they are just awful.

In the meantime:
JBJ is on fire, bat him first.
Pillar is on fire, don't sit him
Verdugo is all hustle, I like the kid, play him every day.  Beni is the odd man out of that group.
Devers needs a diet plan and some tough love.  Let's not let him become Pablo Sandoval in front of our eyes.

Of course none of those things will fix the pitching which is as bad as any I've seen.  I'll say it again, you can't start a season with 1 1/2 legitimate starters.

Sox need a series with Miami and then they can put an end to the season.

Sea Dog 23

I'm not totally blaming the players.  They saw this trainwreck coming in training camp back in March.  Half of those 30 players will be history as far as the 2021 Sox, and they know it.  What do they have to play for? Pride maybe.

Looking at how  DD and Bloom assembled the trash heap of a pitching staff.  Beyond all the DFA's from other low performing clubs, Bloom made a trade of Sam Travis to Rangers for Springs.  That was maybe his worst move.  If pressed to find a good move, it was his signing Pillar, who has been a bonus in the OF, baserunning, and batting .570, with quite a few extra base knocks.  Jury is out on Peraza, I think DD' s pickup.  Some good at bats, but looks shaky in the infield like Devers.