GAME #94, TORONTO BLUE JAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 17, 2017, 03:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Xander looks about as bad at the plate as I have ever seen him.

markj

How on earth is this team in 1st place?  :losers sigh iono

3-7 for their last 10. They won't stay in 1st very long playing at that pace.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 17, 2017, 09:09:04 PM

The pressure has finaly consumed him  Remember Elk,I have said all along that this guy is not tough, he is very soft and to me he is gutless.  He needs to be sat down, or at the very least get him out of the No. 3 hole and we might also sit Hanley down as well.  Neither are doing jack shit offensively and they hit in key spots.  Time is not on our side either.  Sooner or later some team in the division is going to go on a run and unless we are able to start hitting we are doomed to get steamrolled. Once again, I can that probably we are a shitty team.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 17, 2017, 09:32:52 PM
How on earth is this team in 1st place?  :losers sigh iono

3-7 for their last 10. They won't stay in 1st very long playing at that pace.

Begin the drumroll markj.  At this rate with the team scuffling, showing no leadership, commitment and toughness it might be time to start thinking again about a managing change.  Farrell can't hit for the team, that is so, but he keeps the same guys in the same batting order and they keep failing and he does nothing about it.  Pukegaerts needs to be sat down and kept down for a week at least and Hanley needs to join him if he doesn't start hitting this series.  We also need to trade for a hitter, and it that means it costs Ramirez or the Choker their spots, then fine.

BoSoxFanNY

WHAT happened to our offense???

A mere few weeks ago - the Sox offense was scoring an
average of 5 runs per game.

FRUSTRATING.

markj

Yankees and Rays both lost tonight, so no changes. This is how the Sox are still in 1st place. They're swimming in a sea of mediocrity.

BoSoxFanNY

Rays are still playing as of 11:54pm Eastern Standard Time
and unfortunately, they are winning  3 - 1 in the bottom
of the 6th inning.

I HOPE they lose . . .
And yes, the Yankees DID lose.

ipot

This team can't hit. End of discussion. In an ideal world they'd be where Blue Jays are right now, and I'd try to unload every hitter except fot Betts, Benintendi, and Pedey.  3-7 and dropping their way into playoff contention.

TB will win the ALE. I stick with that.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bear

Another loss we can't afford.  Very discouraging.
Is Dombrowski going to make a move or two?
Certainly is taking his sweet time.   iono

ojdidit

You come in and walk the first batter you face.  Loss is deserved.

Bill-806

Quote from: ojdidit on July 18, 2017, 06:03:36 AM
B I N G O  dat !!!  Breaks my heart to see the Sox beat themselves one way or the other..... As someone said above,  3-7 over the last 10, something needs to be done, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!! rofl slap iono

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on July 18, 2017, 06:03:36 AM

This loss is on Betts running through the stop sign.  They had a chance but their offense simply can't produce.  I was pleasantly surprised to see them rally, only to lose it right away, and at least Holt came in and hit a fly ball with a man on third and less than 2 outs (seems to be a lost art on this team).  But E-Rod did fine and kept them in the game against a poor team and they couldn't come up with any more than 3 runs.  That appears to be the ceiling now. 

longgame

He really does.  Does he ever take a full cut at a ball? 

Muggah

Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2017, 08:14:40 AM

If he continues this badly it's going to force DD into a corner. He's almost going to have to make a major move.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Muggah on July 18, 2017, 08:24:23 AM
Quote from: longgame on July 18, 2017, 08:14:40 AM

If he continues this badly it's going to force DD into a corner. He's almost going to have to make a major move.
CONCUR  !!!  I certainly hope so !! slap