GAME 2, PIRATES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 04, 2017, 01:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ojdidit

I one player I expected to totally tank this season is Leon.  Hmmmm. The take away from last night?  One walk issued.

Bill-806

As  DAD would say, "that's how to play the game, boys"  !!!

elktonnick

Sandy Leon appears to be off to another great start.  Last night was one heck of a ball game.  Great pitching and great defense made for one exciting game.  Bogaerts, Bradley and Bientendendi looked great.  One can see why Mitch Moreland won the gold glove.  The weather robbed him of a home run.  For me the only sour spot yesterday is Sandoval's defense.

Muggah

Quote from: elktonnick on April 06, 2017, 07:44:06 AM
Sandy Leon appears to be off to another great start.  Last night was one heck of a ball game.  Great pitching and great defense made for one exciting game.  Bogaerts, Bradley and Bientendendi looked great.  One can see why Mitch Moreland won the gold glove.  The weather robbed him of a home run.  For me the only sour spot yesterday is Sandoval's defense.

I'm fine with eating a little crow when it comes to Leon as long as it brings us a W. But I'm still not convinced this guy is the answer to anything longterm.

On the other hand, Sale lived up to his billing---and so did that kid Taillon from the Bucs, for that matter. Why can't we develop young SP talent like that?

All in all, another great night at Fenway. Now let's get right back on it today and sweep this thing. Boy, what a way that'd be to start the season.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

MongoLikeSox

Was I the only one nervous about our newest ace-type pitcher out on the mound over 100 pitches in his first start of the year without anyone stirring in the BP - just in case? Yeah, I know. I got touchy on that issue last year. Never seems to want to be prepared. I didn't see game-1, but was wondering if that was a factor, too.

Not thrilled about seeing that error at 3b. Didn't look all that nimble on a charge in on the infield hit earlier in the game, but I doubt anyone would have gotten to it. It's early yet. And speaking of "it's early yet", they're loving Shaw up in Milwaukee. Anyone on the ESPN site going to look at Shaw's early line will see insult to injury, as they still show him in Boston attire.  :( 

Hokey Dokey!!! Here's to a good season, everyone!

Mongo

(edit - Does anyone else think Butterfield's asking too much of base runners to be way down where he was when he threw the stop sign up to Leon? Angles, timing, line of sight, etc.)