5. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
6. Danny Jansen (R) C
7. Raimel Tapia (L) LF
8. Whit Merrifield (R) 2B
9. Jackie Bradley Jr. (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 55°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

I see that Hosmer will be activated for Rays series on Monday. Interesting in that Sox already have Casas and Dalbec for 1B and JD and others to DH.  Deck chairs …

longgame

Almonte can hit, but he's one of the worst fielders I've ever seen and not so hot on the bases.  They can teach him how to not get thrown out maybe and he could be JDs replacement at DH.  They really have to figure out what they can leverage for Hosmer if Casas is the man at 1B. 

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on October 02, 2022, 01:25:53 PM
Almonte can hit, but he's one of the worst fielders I've ever seen and not so hot on the bases.  They can teach him how to not get thrown out maybe and he could be JDs replacement at DH.  They really have to figure out what they can leverage for Hosmer if Casas is the man at 1B.

Let Hosmer and Casas alternate between DH and 1st base.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 02, 2022, 12:18:27 PM
I see that Hosmer will be activated for Rays series on Monday. Interesting in that Sox already have Casas and Dalbec for 1B and JD and others to DH.  Deck chairs …

Notice that "clutch" hitting Xander Bogaerts was missing from the lineup.  Fighting for an American League batting title just a week ago, the leaderless shortstop has been choking hits guts out with a one for 20 something stretch and could actually fall below 300 if he plays in all the games of the last series of the year.  I believe firmly that we MUST sign Raffy Devers long term.  That is an absolute must but I just a

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on October 02, 2022, 02:03:02 PM
Quote from: longgame on October 02, 2022, 01:25:53 PM

Let Hosmer and Casas alternate between DH and 1st base.

Good idea George.  Why didn't I or the rest of the crew not figure that might be the best way to go.

markj

elktonnick

Schwarber just set a career high with 41 hrs.  Why can't  the Red Sox get players like that?  How we had him but let him leave. Why?  To get under the salary cap. Except we didn't get under the salary cap.  Oh Bloom is so smart!

Sea Dog 23

Looking ahead, if no Bogey, Dansby Swanson could be available.  .278 clutch hitter.  Has put a statement on big game at-bats for Braves.  Story is apparently not able (shoulder) to play SS.  What say you, Bllom?

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on October 02, 2022, 03:49:12 PM
Schwarber just set a career high with 41 hrs.  Why can't  the Red Sox get players like that?  How we had him but let him leave. Why?  To get under the salary cap. Except we didn't get under the salary cap.  Oh Bloom is so smart!

Clearly they had to make room for JBJ.  The worst part is that Bloom is still in charge. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on October 03, 2022, 06:37:21 AM
Looking ahead, if no Bogey, Dansby Swanson could be available.  .278 clutch hitter.  Has put a statement on big game at-bats for Braves.  Story is apparently not able (shoulder) to play SS.  What say you, Bllom?

Well let him check with his puppet master Prune Face to get a thumbs down with emphasis.  Henry has no intention of anteing up any real money to improve the team.  That should be obvious to all of us by now.  Sea Dog, I like your idea of Dansby Swanson if he is available.  He is one thing Bogaerts has never been---A CLUTCH HITTER LATE IN A BALLGAME, but I think the Braves are too smart to let him get away.  Good clutch hitters are hard to find as we have found out the past four seasons.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 03, 2022, 08:21:55 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on October 02, 2022, 03:49:12 PM

Clearly they had to make room for JBJ.  The worst part is that Bloom is still in charge.

And as long as he follows orders from Henry he will most likely keep his job.  BTW, I am taking my computer in to have it worked on Ted.  Seems some SOB hacked into my accounts and stole my password and then told me to send him money or he would send a bunch of lurid stuff to my computer.  So I have changes to make with my computer brothers and hopefully lead to finding out who that A-hole was who did that stuff.