5. Donovan Solano (R) 1B
6. Aristides Aquino (R) RF
7. Spencer Steer (R) SS
8. Alejo Lopez (S) 2B
9. Chuckie Robinson (R) C

Gametime Temp: 89°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

So Seabold is next man up.  Dombrowski gave us Pivetta and Seabold for Workman and Hembree.  Hembree was seen pitching for LAD a couple weeks ago and looked capable. 

By the way Dombrowski was seen in Boston over last weekend, scouting Bogey, according to Bradford's blog.  Mazz says DD will outbid our token offer when all is said and done.

longgame

They'd be nuts to give up on the few players they have that could actually contribute.  Alas, those same players want to get paid.  It's funny that the Sox are never the team that comes back at the end and beats out everyone, even with Dombo.

longgame

I'm really hoping Judge hits two tonight - 61 and 62 - so we don't have to see it and listen to it.  He can hit 4 or 5 against us and probably will, but as long as that's 63 and higher I'm fine!

elktonnick

Pham made a horrible throw to the plate.  How could he be so far off the mark?

Sea Dog 23

Man, what has happened to Casas?  He has fallen of late.  Does it necessitate keeping Hosmer? Maybe trading one of those plus a prospect for a pitcher that we desperately need.  But Tristan seemed to like Yankee pitching. That’s right around the corner.

elktonnick

Cases is not ready to face major league pitching.  The Red Sox are rushing too many guys to the majors.

elktonnick

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 21, 2022, 09:03:38 AM
So Seabold is next man up.  Dombrowski gave us Pivetta and Seabold for Workman and Hembree.  Hembree was seen pitching for LAD a couple weeks ago and looked capable. 

By the way Dombrowski was seen in Boston over last weekend, scouting Bogey, according to Bradford's blog.  Mazz says DD will outbid our token offer when all is said and done.

Well the deck chairs on the Titanic were moved once again and looked who popped up for us.......good old Seapuke for another try.  How many times have we now seen this deck chair tango?  Seabold was shitty before, he is shittier now and he will be shittier later on.  We have a lot of trash to dispose of but truth be told, as crappy as Seabold was today (and always seems to be) we didn't get much from our offence either tonight.  Seems they exhausted themselves with their three home "barrage" last night and looked DOA this evening.  Now we have to go face the Yankees for four at Yankee Stadium where they are most likely whetting their chops to have at it with the garbage we sent to the mound.  We do have Wacha going tomorrow so we may have a chance here if he is sharp and the hitters wake the hell up but it also could be a very long weekend.  What hurts is that just about everyone here knows just how inept Bloom is and miserable job he has down in carrying out Prune Face's penny pinching program.  Going on 82 in a month, I keep wondering if I will ever see our team in another World Series or two before I go to the great beyond

longgame

I'm headed to the Smokies for some hiking and camping and fortunately won't have cell signal so won't be following much of the Sox-Yanks series.  I'll probably catch some of tonight's game as we leave in the morning.  I bet there are all sorts of odds on when Judge hits 61 and 62 and I don't want to see any of that!