5. Edward Olivares (R) LF
6. Michael Massey (L) 2B
7. Nate Eaton (R) 3B
8. Drew Waters (S) CF
9. Kyle Isbel (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

In the 1st Sox get a run in, but leave runners on 2nd and 3rd with nobody out.  The ‘22 Sox in a nutshell.

Sea Dog 23

Sox get 3 in the 3rd, McGuire a two-run single. Lots of sac flies today. 5-2.

markj

Bases loaded, 2 outs, Raffy swinging for the fences. Gets lucky and pops a nice bloop into RF for 2 runs.

elktonnick

Ort is another painful reliever to watch.  It is pitchers like Ort that justify the pitch clock.

Sea Dog 23

Frank German pitched yesterday and recorded the dreaded Infinity ERA- allowing one or more runs without recording an out.  But in his case Bazardo inherited all his runners and allowed them all to score (3?).

markj

SeaBeachFred

We won a series but so what????  What does it prove.  After we won a recent series we stunk up the ballpark against the Yankees in two games that we could have won.  Hell Martinez couldn't even  touch first base which he insisted he had.  I mean, don't we understand that we are going to need a pretty complete housecleaning this off season.  Not kindly put, we  have a lot of trash to dispose of but even that is not a guarantee that we can avoid going underwater again in 2023,2024 and even maybe into 2025.  BLOOM MUST BE FIRED; HE IS A TOTAL INCOMPETENT WHOSE SOLE ABILITY IS TO DUMPSTER DIVE FOR RECYCLED GARBAGE.  And no matter how we slice it having a FRC as manager casts a pall on our ballclub.  The players know he is a cheat, the fans know he is bogus, and the whole organization knows they have a shyster running the team.  Ok, we won today and that was good but this whole season has sickened me.

elktonnick

Fred I agree.  The one thing this season proved is that both Bloom and Cora are not effective.  I just do not see Bloom as some one capable of building a solid ballclub.  So far none of his so called prospects have impressed me.  None!  Cora',s management of the team and especially the pitching staff has been pathetic.  The team has played sloppy brain dead baseball all year long.
I do not know who is to blame more for team morale Bloom or Cora but the team has played dispirited baseball since March .

longgame

We have had the gift of 4 off days the last 10 days.  Seems like watching them is a chore that I do out of habit.  Yesterday I decided to mostly watch the Panthers lose.  Lucky me that I cheer for two franchises that need serious professional help in the coaching and operations sides of things. 

As of right now, I'd settle on guys who are likely to play next year and run them out there every day.  Let's see if Arroyo can go a month without an injury.  Let's have Casas flail now instead of next year so he can come up to MLB speed.  I doubt Yu Chang is part of the future (and if he somehow is, I want no part of it), so why waste time you could spend evaluating someone who could possibly make it.  Play JDM in the field. 

The sad thing is there are so few parts of this team worth keeping.  There's no way Chaim is up to it.   

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on September 19, 2022, 09:18:46 AM
We have had the gift of 4 off days the last 10 days.  Seems like watching them is a chore that I do out of habit.  Yesterday I decided to mostly watch the Panthers lose.  Lucky me that I cheer for two franchises that need serious professional help in the coaching and operations sides of things. 

As of right now, I'd settle on guys who are likely to play next year and run them out there every day.  Let's see if Arroyo can go a month without an injury.  Let's have Casas flail now instead of next year so he can come up to MLB speed.  I doubt Yu Chang is part of the future (and if he somehow is, I want no part of it), so why waste time you could spend evaluating someone who could possibly make it.  Play JDM in the field. 

The sad thing is there are so few parts of this team worth keeping.  There's no way Chaim is up to it.
I was thinking much the same.  Other than Bogey Devers and perhaps Verdugo and Story, none of the regulars are all star caliber  ballplayers.  Wacha is the only starter. 

Sea Dog 23

Hold on a minute. This season isn’t over.  Next weekend a Sox pitcher can go down in the annals of MLB, like Al Downing did.  Who will throw the pitch that Judge knocks out of the park for the record?  Alas, one of our retreads is probably thinking about it.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 19, 2022, 10:48:28 AM
Hold on a minute. This season isn’t over.  Next weekend a Sox pitcher can go down in the annals of MLB, like Al Downing did.  Who will throw the pitch that Judge knocks out of the park for the record?  Alas, one of our retreads is probably thinking about it.

Ah there we go, another reason to watch this train wreck!  I'm sure we'll give it up.  The only question is will it be a starter homer fest, a Brasier/Barnes meatball mess or one of the many guys who somehow amazingly even made it past AA who they roll out there now.