Quote from: markj on September 14, 2022, 09:11:31 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Brayan Bello (R)

Yankees

Nestor Cortes (L)

Gametime Temp: 73°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

I wonder if that filthy rotten cheater of a manager will be stubborn and stupid enough to once again  use Familia in a tight situation as he did last night with  once again disastrous results.  I wasn't surprised at all that he did.  I said he would the last time he used the over the hill bum that he would again---and he will still use him the same way again....mark my words, he will unless he is released forthwith.  It just seems everything Cora touches turns to shit.  Rumors are rampant that the struggling Detroit Tigers are going to jettison AJ Hinch, the other well know cheater after the season leaving our club with the only remaining crook running a team.  Disgraceful!!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 14, 2022, 09:11:31 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Brayan Bello (R)

Yankees

Nestor Cortes (L)

Gametime Temp: 73°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Time to see if our "prized prospect" Brayan Bello can finally get out of a jam he got himself into.   So far he has failed every time as his despicable 1-5 record indicates.  He has pitched one six inning game where he shined and won that one and I suppose we should hope he can repeat something along those lines since it has been awhile since he pitched well deep into a game.  It would be swell to win a tou gh game against the Yanks in our final meeting with them at Fenway Park and hope Cora doesn't make another series of bonehead moves to cause all of us to want to rant at the miserable series of failures  this 2022 edition of our team has put us through.  Maybe a stiff upper lip and a whiff of confidence might just get us through tonight.  I sure hope so.  As for Bloom, I hope he is through with his dumpster dumping for the year.  Now I head he is bringing up weak hitting Yu Ching to take Famili's place.   That ought to get  us all up and cheering, right??

elktonnick

From what I saw Connor Wong needs a lot of work to be a good defensive catcher.  I want my Vazquez back.

markj

elktonnick

Where does Bloom find these guys?  Amante would look better in a football uniform.

markj

longgame

What a mess of a game.  Throwing the ball all around the place, errors galore, a catcher who lobs the ball back while on his knees with men on base and a Designated Hitter who not only doesn't hit but doesn't know how to run through first base. 

At least they have another day off and only three more weeks of this. 

elktonnick

I understand JD's excuse was he had not the opportunity to watch video on how to run to first properly.   He is studying video now and promises if he ever gets another hit he will know how to run, not quickly but with bigger steps.

longgame

LOL Elk. 

So today is Roberto Clemente Day and I think Cora is the only Puerto Rican manager in MLB right now.  So of course MLB scheduled them for an off day. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 14, 2022, 07:45:30 PM
From what I saw Connor Wong needs a lot of work to be a good defensive catcher.  I want my Vazquez back.

Vaz is riding the pine at Houston for Maldonado, a 185 hitter.  Perhaps Christian wasn't as good as some of us thought he was, but I do miss him.

Sea Dog 23

Some end of year grades from Chris Cotillo and Chris Smith.  The didn’t think much of JD.

SOME 2022 RED SOX GRADES:

3B Rafael Devers: A or A- (Cotillo) / A- or B+ (Smith)

SS Xander Bogaerts: A (Cotillo) / A (Smith)

2B Trevor Story: B (Cotillo) / B- (Smith)

1B Bobby Dalbec: D or D- (Cotillo) / F (Smith)

C Reese McGuire: B (Cotillo) / B (Smith)

RF Alex Verdugo: C+ (Cotillo) / B- (Smith)

CF Kiké Hernández: D (Cotillo) / D (Smith)

DH J.D. Martinez: C- or D (Cotillo) / C- or D+ (Smith)