5. Oswaldo Cabrera (S) RF
6. Miguel Andujar (R) LF
7. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
8. Jose Trevino (R) C
9. Marwin Gonzalez (S) 1B

Gametime Temp: 72°F
Chance of Precip: 12%

Sea Dog 23

Looks like Story has been scratched - heel soreness from running the bases in Baltimore. 

Other moves at AAA, they DFAd Jaylin Davis and signed utility INF Yu Chang, who was just waived by Rays.  Chang is not much value, about a career .215 hitter with Cleveland and Tampa.

longgame

Too bad about Story.  Does he have a big injury history?  Seems he gets banged up easily, and replaced by the fragile Arroyo at 2B tonight.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 13, 2022, 02:36:06 PM
Looks like Story has been scratched - heel soreness from running the bases in Baltimore. 

Other moves at AAA, they DFAd Jaylin Davis and signed utility INF Yu Chang, who was just waived by Rays.  Chang is not much value, about a career .215 hitter with Cleveland and Tampa.

Chang sounds like Blooms' type of guy......and how many times are we going to DFA Davis anyway?  Release him and let him go to a team that needs him.  Besides DFA doesn't work for the Red Sox because mostly their DFA's are never claimed and they are back in our organization for their up and down up and down and back up and down charade.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 13, 2022, 03:34:09 PM
Too bad about Story.  Does he have a big injury history?  Seems he gets banged up easily, and replaced by the fragile Arroyo at 2B tonight.

He played pretty well full seasons with the Rockies but it seems he came up lame when we got ahold of him, just like Sale did.  Seems even our training methods stink as well as our pi tching development.  And Prune Face doesn't seem to give a shit as he is well ensconced in his yacht counting his filthy mo ney.

longgame

markj

Familia blows the game. Not unexpected. I want to see a headline tomorrow with "Familia" and "DFA'd" in the same sentence.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY Familia was put in the game.
We all knew he was going to blow it . . .

Sox tried to come back.

DANG IT - I know these games don't count any more, but
I hate losing to the Yankees.

longgame

He didn't have a lot of choices, the major league pitchers had already gone out there.  Maybe Strahm could have been used but a) these games don't matter and b) they've got to see what they've got in the pile of used parts that Bloom got them. I think some of this was Cora saying "You think Familia is a good pitcher, Chaim?  Good, let's see."

elktonnick

Familia released.  Too bad they did not release him before the game.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on September 14, 2022, 08:23:08 AM

The noise says that INF Yu Chang, picked up from Rays’ castoffs, wil be called up today to replace Familia. Going with 13 pitchers and 15 in the field players. The deck chairs must be properly placed on this ship.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on September 14, 2022, 08:45:44 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on September 14, 2022, 08:23:08 AM

The noise says that INF Yu Chang, picked up from Rays’ castoffs, wil be called up today to replace Familia. Going with 13 pitchers and 15 in the field players. The deck chairs must be properly placed on this ship.

Definitely at the "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" phase of this season.  I sincerely hope Bloom realizes he's not going to find a gem right about now among guys who were DFA'd. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 13, 2022, 09:32:53 PM
Familia blows the game. Not unexpected. I want to see a headline tomorrow with "Familia" and "DFA'd" in the same sentence.

No Markj, not DFa'D---------released!!!!!!!