5. David Peralta (L) LF
6. Manuel Margot (R) CF
7. Francisco Mejia (S) C
8. Ji-Man Choi (L) 1B
9. Taylor Walls (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 88°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

longgame

I like these early start times.  It doesn't really matter since they're drawing 100s a night. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 07, 2022, 11:23:13 AM
I like these early start times.  It doesn't really matter since they're drawing 100s a night.

Ted, laugh at me if you will but we actually could win this game if we can get a decent showing from Pivetta tonight.

elktonnick

Sea Dog 23

They’re afraid Bogey is going to win the batting title, thereby putting his new contract out of Sox reach financially.

markj

Rough opening frame so far for Pivetta. Already up to 25 pitches and still needs another out.

markj

He got out of it without giving up a run, but he's not going to last long with innings like that.

elktonnick

Another tiny crowd. They had less than 10k last night.  Tampa/  St Pete does not deserve this team!

markj

JDM with another useless at bat. Followed by Arroyo. 2nd and 3rd, one out and nothing to show for it. Typical of this group.

elktonnick

JD has become a parody of himself.  Same swing every time regardless of where the ball is pitched.  I hope Bloom is not foolish enough to try and resign him.   His best days are long past.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 07, 2022, 08:41:01 PM
Shut out with 10 LOBsters. Pretty damn sad.

Maybe we should all put bags over our heads in order to save ourselves the embarrassment of letting people know who we are.  So sad markj, and it all started back in the fall of last season when Bloom traded Hunter Renfro, a 30 plus homer, 100 RBI man for feckless and pathetic Jackie Bradley to play RF.  Most of us should have known right then the team was headed for a disaster and the bad moves kept coming.  I just wonder just what Bloom, Henry and the FRC are going to do to rectify our pathetic condition and give us a chance to regain our pride.  Not much I guess since none of the new version of the Three Stooges know what end is up.

MongoLikeSox

Well, not much has changed this week. Franchy out, Kike extended and Casas called up and we still get beat by Tampa by playing math-ball and let the only run score on a shift beater. Again.

I did catch a couple innings Monday night and saw we used the wire pickup in a late inning thing and lost another close one. 10 Lobsters tonight and 3 grovved fastballs doesn't move the bat off Reese's shoulders.

Gotta give Pivetta some credit, though. 1 run on 100+ pitches in 5 innings is tough to do.

longgame

There were some pretty horrid at bats in that game.  Big whiffs with the bases loaded.  McGuire sitting on something other than the 100 mph fastball the pitcher throws 85% of the time and watching three fastballs sail by.  JD who just seems like he's done playing baseball forever.  Then sitting guys when they had a chance to perhaps not get swept?  So hard to watch but it will all be over soon. 

Sea Dog 23

And the Bloomer guy told Kike’ “we’ll be way better next year.”  Sadly the Boston press is swallowing that hook, line and sinker.