5. Isaac Paredes (R) 2B
6. Francisco Mejia (S) C
7. Christian Bethancourt (R) 1B
8. Yu Chang (R) SS
9. Jose Siri (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 88°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

SeaBeachFred

Hey Hill, let's see if you can finally keep the other team from scoring four or five runs off of you in four or five innings.  If you have anything left in that soup bone arm of yours we need a solidly pitched game  tonight------like maybe one or two runs in about six innings.  That might give us a chance to finally win another game in Tampa Bay after losing seven of them in a row.

Sea Dog 23

I saw that Rasmussen was a scratch.  Paternity leave.  That would normally be a break for Sox, but Rays have about 48 other pitchers to draw from.

markj

markj

Schloicka

I like the 1 year extension for Kiki. Very versatile player. 10 million is a good price for him.

longgame

Can’t believe that the guy who caught Casas’ first HR ball is not giving it up.  Clearly not a baseball fan.  I’d be happy to have the experience to have caught the ball for such a milestone for a kid.  What a jerk!

George, I dont get what you see in Kike. He’s an ok fielder and a streaky hitter.  The Sox need to add bats and OF is the place to do it.

Schloicka

Quote from: longgame on September 06, 2022, 06:28:21 PM
Can’t believe that the guy who caught Casas’ first HR ball is not giving it up.  Clearly not a baseball fan.  I’d be happy to have the experience to have caught the ball for such a milestone for a kid.  What a jerk!

George, I dont get what you see in Kike. He’s an ok fielder and a streaky hitter.  The Sox need to add bats and OF is the place to do it.

Well what I get is I like the fact that he can play both the infield and outfield on a decent level. They may have over paid but I think as a utility guy (and a starter if needed) the Sox could do a lot worse.

markj

Quote from: longgame on September 06, 2022, 06:28:21 PM

Florida Man  ;D

Sea Dog 23

I saw that the Sox made a deal with the fan and got that baseball. The CASH payment from Henry & Co likely comes out of Casas’ salary!

elktonnick

longgame

LOL at the comments about the ball.  It sounded like he was just kind of clueless.  Kind of like the Sox. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 07, 2022, 07:42:10 AM
LOL at the comments about the ball.  It sounded like he was just kind of clueless.  Kind of like the Sox.

As with enough of Cordero and Brasier and a bunch others it should be enough of Hill who has been pounded regularly this season and pitched only three decent games.  He is 43 and through.  Put him on the truck with the rest of the human debris and ship their asses out of town.