5. Mark Mathias (R) DH
6. Kole Calhoun (L) LF
7. Ezequiel Duran (R) 3B
8. Meibrys Viloria (L) C
9. Bubba Thompson (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

It is time for Bello to start looking like a prized pitching prospect the Red Sox have been crowing about or become another Darwizon Hernandez and the slew of other bums who have been talked up over the years and have crashed landed.  Bello hasn't impressed me at all.  He doesn't have command of his pitches, gets into jams and can't extricate himself from them without getting touched for runs.  His control is spotty and he hasn't won a damn game for us so far.  He needs to start doing that today or we just might have another turd on our hands.  Straighten up and fly right Bello because you owe the team some wins.  Get one today.

Schloicka

Brayan Bello looked like the pitcher they think he can be today. It's a start. Hopefully this is the start of something good.

markj

markj

Quote from: Schloicka on September 03, 2022, 05:25:58 PM
Brayan Bello looked like the pitcher they think he can be today. It's a start. Hopefully this is the start of something good.

Agreed. It'll be nice to see him get his first win today.

markj

markj

Ugh, so now it's a close game and Barnes is coming in. Fingers crossed.

elktonnick

markj

Barnes is useless. They were fools for resigning him. The BP is about to screw Bello out of his first win.

elktonnick

Barnes walked into thⁿe game lacking confidence.  How many times before Bloom.et al realize Barnes is useless in any high pressure situation.

longgame

Phew, they made that more interesting than it needed to be.  I think it makes sense to give Barnes plenty of rope and see what he still has.  He looked okay the last couple of times but not tonight.  Whitlock with a rare rough outing almost spoiled the great start by Bello.

markj

Sea Dog 23

I think Whitlock is getting overused.  About every outing he pitches multiple innings, and they’re using a tired arm with more starters going down.  Probably happened with Houck before his back gave out.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 03, 2022, 05:25:58 PM

Yes George, I was very much impressed with Brayan's performance last night.   We needed that from him and hope that be builds on it in his subsequent starts for us this season.  Face it, we need some good young pitchers to crash our team since we haven't developed even one good starter since Jon Lester almost two decades ago.  I'm also hoping Brian Mata starts to straighten up and fly right because he is reputed to have a lot of talent and real top notch stuff.  Wouldn't it be a hoot to actually have two you studs in our rotation with a year or so?