GAME #132 - THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, 2022 - TEXAS RANGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 01, 2022, 08:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 01, 2022, 09:52:12 PM
Man, that bases loaded lost opportunity didn't even phase me. I wish I was like this a month ago.

Kind gents of the bosox forum, me and mrs mongo are moving this weekend. Memorial Day weekend offer accepted, closed yesterday and moving this weekend. Ranch House living starts on Saturday. A nice one at least. Going from 2 stories to 1 story and lose only about 200 sq ft. Under 1/4 acre to almost an acre. About half hour out of the city. I've made the arrangements for cable & Internet, so should not miss much baseball watching & chatting time (yay Raffy again!!!)

and yay kike! tied up in the 9th!

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR BETTER HALF IN YOUR NEW DIGS MONGO AND THE RED SOX SEND YOU OFF WITH A COME FROM BEHIND WIN.  SO YOU HAVE TWO THINGS TO CELEBRATE, THOUGH I WOULD THINK THE GAME A LITTLE LESS IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME COMPARED TO YOUR NEW SURROUNDINGS.  ALL THE BEST.

SeaBeachFred

We go to bed happy again tonight, kind of hard getting used to doing that with what we're had to endure this season but I will gladly take it.

Sea Dog 23

Mongo, you still in Rawleee?

The 22 Sox had no business winning that game, '21 Sox,  without a doubt.  Out of the 6 pitchers only Ort and Familia looked like they had control of their pitches.  Fortunately the last two Rangers hurlers could not find the plate.  More troublesome news is that Eovaldi and Houck are likely done, and Schreiber is over used and getting cooked.  Bring on the kids.

longgame

A lot of fun for a change.  Didn't think we had a chance, so it was nice to see a rare comeback win.  I'm thinking Bloom saw those last 2 relievers and said "I need those guys!". 

Mongo, where you moving to?  I'd love to get out of my house but just the thought of cleaning it out is daunting!  I have 5BRs, use one to sleep, one for my office, the kitchen and the family room.  Way too much house for just me!

MongoLikeSox

Thanks 'gents! I took the morning off before all hell broke loose. Played guitar for an hour, chatting here for a bit and off to the races by 10AM.

Longgame, we are/were in the same boat. too much house for the two of us. 25 years. We brought so much stuff to the charity place it ain't even funny. Sold a few things, too. I actually started this de-cluttering, stuff reduction process a month earlier. About two weeks after the season started. We're dropping a bedroom, bonus room and a dining room. We'll be living out in the sticks compared to living in Raleigh, but only 30 minutes north. Technically, it's Franklinton.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on September 02, 2022, 08:50:54 AM
Thanks 'gents! I took the morning off before all hell broke loose. Played guitar for an hour, chatting here for a bit and off to the races by 10AM.

Longgame, we are/were in the same boat. too much house for the two of us. 25 years. We brought so much stuff to the charity place it ain't even funny. Sold a few things, too. I actually started this de-cluttering, stuff reduction process a month earlier. About two weeks after the season started. We're dropping a bedroom, bonus room and a dining room. We'll be living out in the sticks compared to living in Raleigh, but only 30 minutes north. Technically, it's Franklinton.

I'd like to move closer to the mountains. I hike every weekend and it would be nice to be closer so I wouldn't have to travel and could hike more.  It's just me so I think it would take me some time to clear this place out!

Good luck with the move!