5. Kyle Garlick (R) LF
6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
7. Nick Gordon (L) 2B
8. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF
9. Sandy Leon (S) C

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

I think the Twins are on a 5 game streak.  The bigger question, can the Sox win 80 this year?  A big NO as they would have to close out at .500.  Ill say 74 wins since they have a pretty tough schedule ahead.

markj

Wow, a big time clutch hit from Xander. A Grand Slam at that. Miracles do happen.

markj

And now JDM goes deep. This Twins pitcher Ryan is having a very bad night.

MongoLikeSox

markj

Wacha gives up a 2-run dinger after a long battle. You could feel that one coming.

longgame

A shame they couldn’t get to Ryan again after that inning, but it was nice to see the ball go out of the park for a change. 

I’m at the point where I don’t see the point of playing Dalbec if Arroyo can play a passable 1B.  3 Ks already tonight and as lost as ever.

markj

Sox tend to do that. They make hay against a pitcher having a bad night or a bad inning, then the bats go quiet again. Twins still have their secret weapon...the Sox BP.

markj

Dalbec is pathetic at the plate. Swinging at low, outside pitches to K yet again and leave a runner stranded at 3rd.

markj

Whitlock with 3 ER tonight. Not a good showing. Sox are lucky the Twins runner tried to stretch that double into a triple and got thrown out.

markj

markj

Schloicka

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on August 31, 2022, 07:26:52 PM
Wow, a big time clutch hit from Xander. A Grand Slam at that. Miracles do happen.

Not too loud markj; he might hear about us talking about it and go in the tank again.  Seriously, he has gotten hot the last few games while JDM and Devers have gone into the deep freeze, and that makes me think X is fighting hard for a big contract extension from either us or a new bigger one from teams in need of a shortstop or hitter next season and in subsequent years.