5. Nick Gordon (L) 2B
6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
7. Jake Cave (L) LF
8. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF
9. Gary Sanchez (R) C

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Bad mojo coming off that Monday game.  No one hitting after the 4th inning.  Devers and Verdugo with mental lapses.  The team is 6 back ofBaltimore.  Is there any fight left for today and tomorrow?

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 30, 2022, 10:25:57 AM
Bad mojo coming off that Monday game.  No one hitting after the 4th inning.  Devers and Verdugo with mental lapses.  The team is 6 back ofBaltimore.  Is there any fight left for today and tomorrow?

I've got to think they're making tee times for early October at this point.  There's no chance.  They are at full strength in the lineup and at what we expected with the pitching staff that was never fully staffed and still can't win.  There are several teams ahead of them and they're not all going to collapse.  It's hard to imagine a team that has worse situational hitting with the very notable exception of McGuire.  Even if they do score, the pitching can't hold other teams.  The only question now is if they play out the string professionally or does it go completely off the rails.

It really is amazing how when the Sox go bad they manage to have massive failures. 

Sea Dog 23

The Sox may have mailed it in.  Twinkies up 3-0 after 3, and Boston is hitless with one walk to show.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Some sensible swings, too. Kike getting an opposite field hit is a rare thing. Bogey was out in front, but stayed back enough to bloop one. Devers letting himself get pitched around instead of forcing it with a bad K. Lots of good.

Did Kike make Verdugo flinch or something?

elktonnick

Brasier of course gives up a grand slam.  His pitch straight as an arrow right down the heart of the plate.

MongoLikeSox

This guy's first career hit with the bases loaded, too. (Dee Gordan's Brother and Flash's Son)

Sanchez creamed Familia. I thought one of these two would have gone before Sawamura.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 30, 2022, 08:44:20 PM
Brasier of course gives up a grand slam.  His pitch straight as an arrow right down the heart of the plate.

Why is still with us and why would Cora keep using him in these situations.  His pitches are straight and flat and no movement whatsoever.  Shitcan this guy once and for all Bloom, you stupid son of a bitch.

Sea Dog 23

I saw a disturbing stat, that Brasier has allowed 13 of 20 inherited runners to score this year.  Much like Sawamura did.  They both pitched in Japan, must be something in the water there.

MongoLikeSox

As usual, I am a day or two behind you guys with this sort of thing. I now join the ranks of saying the Sox are out of it.

It will be an interesting 5 weeks, and that's before it gets even more interesting.

longgame

I gave up early.  The lackluster ballplaying is just hard to watch.  Glad I missed Brasier.  I've seen that move before.  Two days after Shaughnessy said "he must never be used in a high leverage situation", he's been in two and blown them both.  But yeah, they're still in it.  Right. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 31, 2022, 08:36:51 AM
I gave up early.  The lackluster ballplaying is just hard to watch.  Glad I missed Brasier.  I've seen that move before.  Two days after Shaughnessy said "he must never be used in a high leverage situation", he's been in two and blown them both.  But yeah, they're still in it.  Right.

Cora has proven to be a very stubborn and over confident boob who thinks he is the smartest man in the room.  We all know by now that Brasier cannot be trusted in any high leverage situation but there he was again last night.  Hell, I never thought I would say it but he's worse than Barnes.  Again, though, what can we expect when I am certain the John Henry is, as you said a few days ago, using the Red Sox as his personal ATM to invest in other sports and whether any of you agree or disagree with me Bloom does not know talent well enough to judge it, Cora has turned out to be an indifferent manager at beast and a total schmuck at worst.  They say success starts at the top.  Just look at the top of our heirarchy----Henry, Bloom and Cora.  It's enough to make one either cry or throw up.