5. Nick Gordon (L) 2B
6. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
7. Jake Cave (L) LF
8. Gilberto Celestino (R) CF
9. Sandy Leon (S) C

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Cora said last night that Arroyo will be seeing time at 1B.  With both Kike and Story back, they had to find away to get Arroyo’s bat in the lineup.  With Cordero getting hits, Duran was the casualty in the club decisions.

longgame

I think it's hilarious that we've had to make several guys into 1B just because of Bloom's insistence on not actually having one on the roster.  But remember the least time he played there he did that split and was back on the IL.

longgame

I just realized this says that Franchy is in CF!  I guess it's Kike's day off, but this could get interesting. 

elktonnick

Bloom seems to believe that players should be able to play any place as well as anywhere else.

elktonnick

One of Cora's frustrations has been the teams sloppy play all year long.  He said that he talked to Verdugo about his failure to take charge on the play last night.  So what does Verdugo do he fails to go back on to third on the play and he fails to score.  Then Devers forgets how many outs there are.
While the players are responsible for these mental lapses, it seems to me that Cora has  the ultimate responsibility for the teams consistent year long sloppy play.

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: markj on August 29, 2022, 09:04:54 PM
Oof, I took a quick shower and came back to a losing game.
That's  why I never shower until the game is over:)

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 29, 2022, 09:11:17 PM
Quote from: markj on August 29, 2022, 09:04:54 PM
Oof, I took a quick shower and came back to a losing game.
That's  why I never shower until the game is over:)

I HAVE ALWAYS STAYED CLEAN THIS SEASON WATCHING THIS SHIT SHOW OF OUR TEAM IN INACTION FOR FEAR SOME OF THEIR DIRT AND FILTH WILL RUB OFF ON ME.  BUT ANOTHER STINKER TONIGHT AND ONCE AGAIN OUR GREAT PITCHNG "PROSPECT SHOWED HE CAN'T GET OUT OF A TOUGH JAM AND LACKS THE STAMINA AND STRENGTH TO GO DEEP IN A GAME.  ANOTHER DARWIZON IN THE MAKING.

longgame

I'm glad I'm not in the same physical room with you unshowered guys!  But I know one thing, this team stinks!  When they get the rare opportunity they strand guys.  They make bonehead moves in the field and on the base paths.  The pitching is consistently poor. 

It's funny. I follow Formula 1 and Max Verstappen is kicking butt.  There is more than a third of the season left and the next two teams are all down and depressed about getting their butts kicked and while not giving up, are resigned to not winning the championship.  In Boston, they somehow maintain a charade that they can leap past several teams they are unable to beat and somehow make a postseason run.  Oh, and Kennedy doubled down on Cora and Bloom. 

elktonnick

I get the biggest hoot out of Cora.  He bemoans how his team is playing brain dead baseball.  Well Alex whose job is it to see that they don't.   They have been playing stupid baseball since April.  Cora seems lost how to fix it by his own admission.  Why is he still the manager?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 30, 2022, 08:34:45 AM
I get the biggest hoot out of Cora.  He bemoans how his team is playing brain dead baseball.  Well Alex whose job is it to see that they don't.   They have been playing stupid baseball since April.  Cora seems lost how to fix it by his own admission.  Why is he still the manager?

Why?  Come on Elk, for a guy was a very successful coach at the amateur level it should be a slam dunk for an answer.  He is still the manager IMHO because to fire him would mean paying off the rest of his contract and then having to pay a new skipper a hefty salary because right now no good baseball man would step into this dirty shower (there I kept the topic on washing up too) without a hefty new contract for the work it  will take to make us credible again----and Henry has become a tightwad to the max.  And that answers it for Bloom.  Why is he still the Baseball Ops director?  Same reason in my opinion Elk.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on August 30, 2022, 08:05:56 AM
I'm glad I'm not in the same physical room with you unshowered guys!  But I know one thing, this team stinks!  When they get the rare opportunity they strand guys.  They make bonehead moves in the field and on the base paths.  The pitching is consistently poor. 
This is simple and mind-boggling at once. I get the whole game has changed thing and the tail is wagging the dog when it comes to AB's and such. They say that making a team play small ball doesn't cut it anymore. Great way to lose a team, I guess?

But it can't believe it's digressed to this state. This is basic stuff. Cora whines and moans and implores his teams to do this and do that. Does it happen? 2-3 innings a week, right? Maybe? I just don't get it.