5. Isaac Paredes (R) 3B
6. Christian Bethancourt (R) C
7. Yu Chang (R) 2B
8. Taylor Walls (S) SS
9. Jose Siri (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Cora said last night that Story would in all likelihood be activated for today’s game.  They hinted at one other move, which is no doubt the guy going down to AAA to clear space.  I would guess Refsnyder. I’m not sure if any DFAs are involved.

longgame

Lineup is out but not on the site we get it from.  Apparently the move for Story was Duran.  Should be a lineup posted soon.

longgame

Sox come out swinging.  Dalbec actually gets a hit with men on base. Sox up 4-0 - who are these guys?!?!

SeaBeachFred

Why the hell is Arroyo not in the lineup today.  He can play a number of positions and he is a good hitter who had hit for us all season.  This is the same shit I saw last season;  Arroyo would have two pretty good games, then go hitless in one and be on the bench for the FRC could insert his pet Marwin the Miserable Gonzales back in the lineup with his sub 200 average.  I can tell you there isn't a day goes by that my animus towards that filthy rotten cheater does accelerate.

markj

Springs seems to have gotten his act together, so the Sox better hope that Old Man Hill and the Bullpen Dogs can finish out the show here.

Schloicka

elktonnick

markj

Great outing for Hill. Now to see if Familia can get out of this jam.

markj

This team is such an enigma. They lose to the O's and Jays but do well against the Rays, at least in this series.

Sea Dog 23

The big three are slumping.  Bogey and JD came to life last night.Bogey and Raffy hitless today, then JD and Dalbec get the big hits.  Its good that the end of the lineup can produce, but theyre certainly not consistent hitters when needed this year.

SeaBeachFred

A more solid game today on our part but it may be too late because we seem to be too far behind to make it past a few WC aspirants who a  number of games ahead of us in the WC chase, but that is no reason to fold the tent and just go through the motions as we had been doing against the Jays where we simply sucked as they battered the hell out of us.  Now the pitiful Angels shut out Toronto two games in a row and it makes we wonder if that club just didn't exhaust themselves in beating the hell out of us.   Now Tampa Bay, a hot team lately, falls to us twice.  Baseball sometimes is a hard game to figure out, isn't it?

MongoLikeSox

Speaking of enigmas, that Jays team is just that. Beat up on the Yanks and Red Sox, but roll over against the Halos? Sure, makes sense.

I hate I missed most of the game yesterday. I had planned on missing much less of it. Got back home during the 5th or 6th. Nice job by Hill.

Arroyo's getting the short end of that stick just like Mr 'make-sure-moves-fit-your-roster' did with his choice of FA last off-season. I hope this time he finds his way into a game a week at each of the IF positions for player rest and such. I mean, a situation like this CAN work.