GAME #125 - THURSDAY, AUGUST 25, 2022 - TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 25, 2022, 08:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Now 2nd and 3rd with no outs. No excuse for losing this game now.

markj

Jays hoping for a K and a GIDP, which is a good bet with the Sox.

markj

elktonnick

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

How in the heck do you not score in the 8th with a lead off triple???
AND not score in the bottom of the 9th with men on second and third no outs?????
THIS team is CRAP!
UGHHHHH

AND meanwhile Kyle Schwarber just hit his 37th home run of the year for the Phillies.
Why did we let him get away?

SeaBeachFred

I was watching a Brooklyn Dodgers documentary that I was able to download so I didn't have to see another gutless performance of this never ending shit show, you know, the Red Sox come back from a deficit to tie and then lose as they have done so many times this season.  Apparently they outdid themselves tonight for futility so glad I was that didn't have to watch it.  When the season ends the team needs a housecleaning and new faces, BUT IF CORA AND BLOOM ARE BACK THEN YOU CAN JUST WRITE OFF 2023 AS WELL.  Cora has become a miserable manager as well as it is one blunder after another.  I know some of you think I might be overdoing it with my take on him being stuck with the Mark of Cain but watch him in action and watch his moves.  His cheating has cast a pall on our club while Bloom has been shown to be a total blundering incompetent.  Now the press and media must attack Prune Face Henry relentlessly and viciously for what he has done to our team, forcing him to get his head out of his ass and start spending money on good players,  good coaches, another manager who is a FRC and a baseball ops exec who knows what the hell he is doing.   All these things will cost more money and the pressure has to be put on the prune to either spend like a big market club or force him through vicious criticism to break down and sell the team.

MongoLikeSox

Cora's moves made zero sense at times tonight. Not even digested them yet.

Quote from: markj on August 25, 2022, 10:13:20 PM
And there's the GIDP. So damn predictable.
This is when I went to Netflix. I had my fill.

Sea Dog 23

Henry & Company are trying to develop masochists out of the fan base.  Like some of you have said, sociopaths, devoid of people skills.  Alas there are still about 40 games.

longgame

Sox can’t get a guy in from third with none out.  The Jays start the 10th with two fielder’s choices and score a run from 2B.  I’m amazed at the simple inability to do some situational hitting.  Everyone wants to hit HRs and none of them can.

longgame

Tonight’s game is in AppleTV+ so not sure if we’ll be able to see it without a subscription.  Imagine paying actual money to watch the Red Sox play! (Which many of us, including me, do!)

Sea Dog 23

It was eye catching what Tim Hyers did as hitting coach for the Sox in the playoffs last season.  Of course he decided to sign with the Rangers.  The new guy, Fatse either is incompetent or the players have no respect for him.  Or have no respect for Cora and the other suits.

elktonnick