5. Kevin Padlo (R) 1B
6. Oneil Cruz (L) SS
7. Rodolfo Castro (S) 3B
8. Bligh Madris (L) RF
9. Jason Delay (R) C

Gametime Temp: 74°F
Chance of Precip: 8%

Sea Dog 23

Looking at the Pirates last couple weeks, they went out to LA and swept the Dodgers iirc. I believe that was before they traded slugger Vogelbach to the Mets and a couple of pitchers to the Cards.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 16, 2022, 08:49:30 AM
Looking at the Pirates last couple weeks, they went out to LA and swept the Dodgers iirc. I believe that was before they traded slugger Vogelbach to the Mets and a couple of pitchers to the Cards.

I think the bigger variable here is which Pivetta shows up. 

longgame

Looks like Kike and Refsnyder up, Duran stays on, Davis and Sanchez to Worcester.

Sea Dog 23

The long arm of the law. The League suspended  Pirates Rudolpho Castro one game.  Bad optics - his cell phone fell out sliding into 3rd base last week.   rofl

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 16, 2022, 09:44:56 AM

Right on with that Ted, but Bogie and JD have to show up too, and we cannot take the Pirates for granted because we're not sending our 2018 out there and no team has been an easy mark for us.  We  had best remember that and start at long last go on a protracted win streak.  It is getting late in the game.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 16, 2022, 03:29:48 PM
Quote from: longgame on August 16, 2022, 09:44:56 AM

Right on with that Ted, but Bogie and JD have to show up too, and we cannot take the Pirates for granted because we're sending our 2018 out there and no team has been an easy mark for us.  We  had best remember that and start at long last go on a protracted win streak.  It is getting late in the game.

Bogey just kills me some times like when we have two men on and one out and he can't even get a ball in the air.  Seems like he always has his more than his share of missed opportunities.  His numbers are always great and he does have some big hits, but he's not the guy you want to see up in a big spot.  JD used to be, I just don't get how he falls in these streaks.  He seems to be hitting better (he had to, he wasn't hitting at all for a couple of weeks), but the weak swings and no pop are hard to watch.  He just doesn't drive the ball like he used to. 

Strange that both teams are very late in posting lineups.

markj

The game is in about 30 minutes and we still don't have a Sox lineup. Isn't there some rule about posting it?

longgame

I’m sure they were making sure everyone Kike was feeling fine before releasing the lineup, but strange that he’s starting at SS.

markj

Sea Dog 23

Sea Dog 23

The good Pivetta is pitching. 75 pitches, no runs, one hit, 5 K’s, 3 bb’s in 5 innings. What we needed.

markj