GAME #116 - SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2022 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, August 14, 2022, 09:03:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

longgame

It's funny how quiet we all get when they actually play well, other than during the game itself!  Still can't get over how well Wacha pitched, but of course was plenty of nervous when Brasier came in, even though he pitched well.  It's hard to remember that there is still more than a quarter of the season left to play. 

So Pittsburgh is a team that the Sox should be able to do some damage against as they like to say.  Funny thing about MLB broadcasts - Wed I had Atlanta, Thursday Baltimore, Friday NESN, Saturday FOX, Sunday ESPN and tomorrow the Pirates broadcast. 

Sea Dog 23

Players on the move.  Jaylin Davis sent down to AAA, Kike’ Hernandez is expected to be activated and start in CF at PittsburghTues.  Although Kike’ was 0-3 at AA Sunday. Duran and Arroyo are expected to be ‘backup outfielders’.  Other moves happens when Story and Refsnyder are ready.

“Michael Wacha made his long awaited return Sunday after spending more than a month and a half on the injured list, and more reinforcements might not be far behind. Kiké Hernández and Trevor Story are both expected to travel with the Red Sox on this week's road trip to Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Tyler Danish, Rob Refsnyder and Brayan Bello are all back on the field doing rehab assignments and even James Paxton is reaching the point where a big league return may not be out of the question.

“Factor in Rich Hill and Matt Barnes' recent returns and the Red Sox are playing with close to their full deck for the first time since June.”

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 15, 2022, 02:30:03 PM
Players on the move.  Jaylin Davis sent down to AAA, Kike’ Hernandez is expected to be activated and start in CF at PittsburghTues.  Although Kike’ was 0-3 at AA Sunday. Duran and Arroyo are expected to be ‘backup outfielders’.  Other moves happens when Story and Refsnyder are ready.

I know Refsnyder was playing Saturday - he and Kike were at the top of the Portland lineup.  If he's playing he should be back soon.  Story is traveling with the club and taking BP, so hopefully a week of that and a week of rehab?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 15, 2022, 12:14:39 PM
It's funny how quiet we all get when they actually play well, other than during the game itself!  Still can't get over how well Wacha pitched, but of course was plenty of nervous when Brasier came in, even though he pitched well.  It's hard to remember that there is still more than a quarter of the season left to play. 

So Pittsburgh is a team that the Sox should be able to do some damage against as they like to say.  Funny thing about MLB broadcasts - Wed I had Atlanta, Thursday Baltimore, Friday NESN, Saturday FOX, Sunday ESPN and tomorrow the Pirates broadcast.

Perhaps we all get quiet when our team actually plays well because we are worried that the other shoe will drop momentarily and we'll be back in heartbreak hotel where we've spent many a day this season.  You are right, though, Wacha was really on his game Sunday.  He totally dominated the Yankees.  As for the Pirates, to me nothing for us easy but after the Yankees series which we could have swept I think it is in the best interest of the Red Sox to start playing as well as  they have in the past four games and see if they can actually gain some ground again in the division.