5. Rowdy Tellez (L) 1B
6. Luis Urias (R) 3B
7. Victor Caratini (S) C
8. Kolten Wong (L) 2B
9. Tyrone Taylor (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

CAN WE ACTUALLY WIN TWO IN A ROW???  p

PARDON ME IF I DON'T PUT UP ANY MONEY FOR OUR SIDE TONIGHT.

Sea Dog 23

The Mets have scouts at Fenway tonight.  Looking at JDM and Vaz.  Theyre also cosidering C Wilson Contreres and pitcher Robertson of the Cubs. 

elktonnick

It is going to be a long night
  Tony (he never shuts up) Mazzarotti is doing the game.

longgame

Davis pitched as an opener, apparently Bello is coming in for the 2nd inning.

MongoLikeSox

Anyone else feeling comfy after that Alex Spier segment? I'm not.

And Mazzeroti thinking Duran in LF, Verdugo in RF and bradly in cf is assinine. Duran is a 2b turned CF. He's not a natural OF'er and that wall would eat him alive. MAYBE Duran in RF. CF is the only place I think his speed would offset the balance of not being a natural OF'er. Even Jermais understands it. No OB, nobody makes that play.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 29, 2022, 08:23:56 PM
Anyone else feeling comfy after that Alex Spier segment? I'm not.

And Mazzeroti thinking Duran in LF, Verdugo in RF and bradly in cf is assinine. Duran is a 2b turned CF. He's not a natural OF'er and that wall would eat him alive. MAYBE Duran in RF. CF is the only place I think his speed would offset the balance of not being a natural OF'er. Even Jermais understands it. No OB, nobody makes that play.

Agree on all points.  It sounds like from Speier that they’ll move JDM and get nothing for him an do some bottom feeding.

I couldn’t believe what Mazz was spouting and especially after that play.

Meanwhile, Ryan “Inherited Runners” Brasier of course let a runner score, but Sox have pitched okay, just can’t string together any hits.

MongoLikeSox

I don't even know brasier threw him. It happened so fast. That slider was working the next inning for a change. Best he's had in a while, maybe.

Arroyo might be back soon. Did well in rehab and Cora said in the "upcoming days". We could use the bat.

Anyone know why Duran wasn't running? We can't station to station this pen.

Valdez got claimed off of Waivers by the Mariners.

longgame

Somehow Plawecki came in for the 9th which can’t be for defensive reasons.  Maybe I missed something.

But Sawamura comes through to deliver 3 runs to the opposition.  I made it all the way to the 9th without turning off the game in disgust.

markj

Refsnyder gets up 3-0 and then K's on a pitch that almost hit his leg.

MongoLikeSox

Another one twiddled away in the end. Tough error on Dugie, but it's gotta get called on someone.

They pinch ran for Vasquez after the second out was made. Downs in for him, then a couple other switches.

It's funny listening to OB talk about walks. It's like the long forgotten pitcher on how best to get Danny Ainge out when he was with Toronto. His answer - "Strikes".

markj

markj

longgame

Meanwhile, Judge is up to 41 HRs.  That’s more than Devers, Bogaerts and Martinez combined. Lack of power this year doesn't help much either. 

Sea Dog 23

I can’t blame the Sox, the ones on the field, for the free-fall.  The Front Office is at fault for grossly managing a $240mil ball club with holes all over the place.  Last year they gave the team a life line with some key trades at the deadline.  This week they have signed only table scraps.  The players know what’s going on.