5. Andres Gimenez (L) 2B
6. Franmil Reyes (R) DH
7. Nolan Jones (L) RF
8. Luke Maile (R) C
9. Myles Straw (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 5%

MongoLikeSox

Crawford did well. Have to think that he should have stayed in if we were not playing crap-ball against a hot pitcher. 69 pitches. He was giving Cora the gift of 7-8 innings.

Sea Dog 23

Until tonight Bogey had 1 homer and 8 rbi's in 30 days.  Some folks think his shoulder still ails him running into Verdugo in May

markj

Series split with a similar team. Fair enough. O's beat TB again (why can't the Sox?), so the Sox are still in the cellar.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2022, 09:03:47 PM
Until tonight Bogey had 1 homer and 8 rbi's in 30 days.  Some folks think his shoulder still ails him running into Verdugo in May

Seems like he's been swinging with more authority the last few days.  Maybe he sees his contract value slipping away.

longgame

Quote from: markj on July 28, 2022, 09:06:48 PM
Series split with a similar team. Fair enough. O's beat TB again (why can't the Sox?), so the Sox are still in the cellar.

Very simple Mark.  In Cleveland they played a team much like themselves, hence the even result.  All of the teams they've played for the last 3 weeks are better teams, and they beat us handily.  I expect them to lose series to Milwaukee, Houston, ATL, NYY, TOR, TB and MIN next month.  My schedule looks like they have a one game "series" with Baltimore and then 3 in Baltimore - they should be a split.  They may win a series against KC or PIT, but that's about it. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2022, 07:58:45 AM
Quote from: markj on July 28, 2022, 09:06:48 PM

Very simple Mark.  In Cleveland they played a team much like themselves, hence the even result.  All of the teams they've played for the last 3 weeks are better teams, and they beat us handily.  I expect them to lose series to Milwaukee, Houston, ATL, NYY, TOR, TB and MIN next month.  My schedule looks like they have a one game "series" with Baltimore and then 3 in Baltimore - they should be a split.  They may win a series against KC or PIT, but that's about it.

Not much to look forward to Ted, is there?  Well we do have something to look forward to.  We can watch Betts and Benintendi in the World Series if we choose to------with the Yankees and the Dodgers while we gag watching Cordero and Bradley and that rotten pitching staff we have.  We've really bottomed out in just four years, haven't we?????

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 29, 2022, 07:56:04 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2022, 09:03:47 PM

Seems like he's been swinging with more authority the last few days.  Maybe he sees his contract value slipping away.

Good to see X finally showing some power and an ability to drive in some runs.  Perhaps his shoulder is still bothering him but he needs to step up with Devers missing....and why the hell is Storey still out action.  He should have been back over a week ago.

MongoLikeSox

Fred, I think that should be that we bottomed out twice in 4 years.

sigh