GAME #99 - WEDNESDAY, JULY 27, 2022 - CLEVELAND GUARDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 27, 2022, 08:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Thursdays game, Francona cant believe how stupid the Sox can be.  Terry throws a righty again knowing Cora, stubborn to a fault, will bat Franchy again and play 1B.  About as stubborn as Bloom saying yesterday, 'we're in last place, but that is a very talented team out there'.

longgame

Bloom strikes again - signs Danny Santana who hasn't played all year.  Great job Chaim, you keep loading us up with guys who suck worse than the guys we already have.  This is just freaking unbelievable. 

Sea Dog 23

That is just swimming for bottom feeders. The sports guys in LA said JD is at the top of LAD’s list for a trade next few days. What can we get in return for a rental, a AAA pitcher?

elktonnick

longgame

None of it makes sense.  He'll need a month to be ready and then what?  Plus it's not like he has trade value.  Take him, JBJ and Dalbec and a few millions dollars and you may be able to give them away to someone. 

MongoLikeSox

Isn't Santana fresh off a PED suspension?

If Arroyo was any young, Santana might have been coming off a ped-aphile suspension the way he ran through him. (or was that someone else?)

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2022, 09:22:37 AM
Thursdays game, Francona cant believe how stupid the Sox can be.  Terry throws a righty again knowing Cora, stubborn to a fault, will bat Franchy again and play 1B.  About as stubborn as Bloom saying yesterday, 'we're in last place, but that is a very talented team out there'.
I really hope 1B thing for tonight's game is just a joke. I'm buying and selling my house(s) with a lazy, defeatist real estate agent who I found out is a Yankees' fan after signing exclusive type docs. Franchy starting 1B again tonight might just do me in.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 28, 2022, 11:42:02 AM

If Arroyo was any young, Santana might have been coming off a ped-aphile suspension the way he ran through him. (or was that someone else?)

I really hope 1B thing for tonight's game is just a joke. I'm buying and selling my house(s) with a lazy, defeatist real estate agent who I found out is a Yankees' fan after signing exclusive type docs. Franchy starting 1B again tonight might just do me in.

Not sure if rhetorical, but Santana did serve a 80 game PED suspension. I wonder if it took Bloom a couple weeks to do the paperwork, wanting him all that time.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 28, 2022, 06:56:31 AM
This Franchy - 1B thing has got to go into the never again category. Nobody's talking about the double hit doesn't the line that almost hit his ankle.

Can this staff hang some sliders or what? Houck's HR pitch to Naylor must have looked like a grapefruit. That's the one pitch Houck has to figure out something on. He's been messing with two variations of sliders, too. Makes you wonder if one of them isn't as consistent as the other one?

Why is it we never seem to hit those pitches and the opposition never seems to miss? Rhetorical, of course, and probably isn't the case. It's up there with when we were kids playing football and watching the other team get off the bus and they all looked like giants. That lasted until we were up 38-0 or something.

Ask Elk.  He is right on and succinctly says the cu tter and slider are horseshit pitches and should be sent to the glue factory.  How is it that our horsedung pitching coaches never try to teach the split finger that has become the rage of baseball and very successful for a lot of pitchers.  Then again we must have the shittiest bunch of pi tching coaches and scouts around because we never seem to be able to draft good pitchers.  So either the pitchers stink who we draft or the pitching coaches stink.  It has to be one or the o ther, so I split the difference.  BOTH SUCK!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2022, 01:44:43 PM

Not sure if rhetorical, but Santana did serve a 80 game PED suspension. I wonder if it took Bloom a couple weeks to do the paperwork, wanting him all that time.

Santana stunk to high heaven last season until we finally unloaded him----and now Bloomer Bum signs him.  That does it!!!!!  That shithead needs to be fired right after the season ends.  He is a total horse dung incompetent.  We now can team up Santana with French Fry---the worst of everything.  I never thought I would see the day when Jackie Bradley would look good next to another Red Sox player but he has---two of them.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 28, 2022, 01:44:43 PM

Not rhetorical at all. I'm willing to turn my head a little here and there at an era, but this is 2022. Enough already.

I agree Fred. It's just rotten. To me, it's just like Cora bringing in that d-bag Marwin, knowing full well that he was one of the biggest benefactors of the trash can thing and that his ONE good season was a fluke.

I'm grumpy today. I better get offline.