5. Franmil Reyes (R) DH
6. Owen Miller (R) 2B
7. Nolan Jones (L) RF
8. Austin Hedges (R) C
9. Myles Straw (R) CF

Gametime Temp: 77°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

elktonnick

I think Cordero made 2 errors on that play.  Duran continues to look lost in centerfield.

markj

This game is heading south already. Poor fielding and Eovaldi scuffling.

markj

Dalbec with a 2-run dinger, but then JBJ gets caught trying to steal 2B. Can't have something good happen without someone screwing things up right after.

markj

longgame

I’d love to see more of this out of Dalbec, what a night.

markj

Wow, I should go out for a walk more often. Nice coming back to see them leading. What's Dalbec been shooting up?

markj

NESN can jinx a game like no one else. No sooner do they show a graphic saying Naylor is 0-2 against Houck and he launches one into the Monster seats.

BoSoxFanNY

CRAP!
Sox lose 7 - 6.

An a lighter note, the METS beat the Yankees again.
Walk off win in the bottom of the 9th inning.
SWEEP the Subway Series.

BoSoxFanNY

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 27, 2022, 09:06:57 PM
NESN can jinx a game like no one else. No sooner do they show a graphic saying Naylor is 0-2 against Houck and he launches one into the Monster seats.

Markj, everyone connected with the Red Sox shit show is capable of screwing up royally with everything they touch, say or do.  No surprise there for me at all.  Then again, I didn't think we would hold that Bobby Dalbec lead he gave us.  Be honest, did you or anyone think we would hang on to win or extend the lead.  We are what I have suddenly labeled a total SHIT SHOW.  This will wind up being our fifth last place finish in the past 11 season, something that should make all of us want to gag up our supper and wrap our hands around Bloom, Cora and Prune Face's collective necks.

Of course I will never ditch the Red Sox----NEVER.  They  are too deep imbedded in my psyche and in my bones, but I am not going to upset myself anymore with a team that the owner, GM, Baseball Ops Director and manager have driven into a ditch.  What I hope for now is a Mets-Yankees World Series which would give me a chance to come to my long ago abandoned native city and see two teams that really want to battle and destroy one another.  The Mets were my team before I found the Red Sox almost 22 years ago and I am hooked on  them until I die, but I need something to keep my interest in baseball and a friend I made at Cooperstown on my trip wants me to join him for the World Series.  It should be money well spent IF those two teams meet.  Otherwise, I will pray that Cora, the filthy rotten cheater, is cashiered, that Bloomer Boy is shown the door and kicked out of it, and that Prune Face Henry sells the team and gets the hell out of Dodge.

Sea Dog 23

There's word afoot that Sox and Bloom will end their relationship end of this year.  Oops, sorry guys, I read that wrong, it is John Hancock departing.  I didn't like him either.

MongoLikeSox

This Franchy - 1B thing has got to go into the never again category. Nobody's talking about the double hit doesn't the line that almost hit his ankle.

Can this staff hang some sliders or what? Houck's HR pitch to Naylor must have looked like a grapefruit. That's the one pitch Houck has to figure out something on. He's been messing with two variations of sliders, too. Makes you wonder if one of them isn't as consistent as the other one?

Why is it we never seem to hit those pitches and the opposition never seems to miss? Rhetorical, of course, and probably isn't the case. It's up there with when we were kids playing football and watching the other team get off the bus and they all looked like giants. That lasted until we were up 38-0 or something.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 28, 2022, 06:56:31 AM
This Franchy - 1B thing has got to go into the never again category. Nobody's talking about the double hit doesn't the line that almost hit his ankle.

Can this staff hang some sliders or what? Houck's HR pitch to Naylor must have looked like a grapefruit. That's the one pitch Houck has to figure out something on. He's been messing with two variations of sliders, too. Makes you wonder if one of them isn't as consistent as the other one?

Why is it we never seem to hit those pitches and the opposition never seems to miss? Rhetorical, of course, and probably isn't the case. It's up there with when we were kids playing football and watching the other team get off the bus and they all looked like giants. That lasted until we were up 38-0 or something.

Franchy - 2 errors on one play plus another for good measure and he was on the other side of the Indians' errors.  The guy is an error machine. 

It's hard to imagine these two teams were fighting it out for a wild card spot a month ago and are now trying to stay relevant.  But the Indians have as many young guys as the Sox but their guys can actually play baseball. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on July 28, 2022, 07:37:21 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 28, 2022, 06:56:31 AM

Franchy - 2 errors on one play plus another for good measure and he was on the other side of the Indians' errors.  The guy is an error machine. 

It's hard to imagine these two teams were fighting it out for a wild card spot a month ago and are now trying to stay relevant.  But the Indians have as many young guys as the Sox but their guys can actually play baseball.
I was thinking about something similar just the other day. Remember that Yankees' team in, I think 2019 that had all those injuries? One thing after another. They used something like 57 players that year. Just 2 regulars played in 130 or more games, and that doesn't include losing the previous year's rookie of the year runner-up a week or two in. That teams was a MASH unit. They lost their up and coming 1B (Bird) to some injury I don't think he ever recovered from. They had their top prospect come up and sustain a year ending injury shagging flies or some stupid thing like that. They lost Severerino early, and Montgomery might have been toast from the year before. They used 54 players.

That team won 103 games. They didn't break the bank, either. $203M.

Makes you wonder how, right? Boone and Cashman sure did a great job that year. They played loose, and I'm betting they cut their losses on a bust of a player when the time came. That, and their bullpen was well constructed per their MO or DNA.

I'm sure there were still the traditional laundry-list of personality defects and body odor problems. Just sayin.....