GAME #98 - TUESDAY, JULY 26, 2022 - CLEVELAND GUARDIANS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 26, 2022, 09:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 26, 2022, 09:32:03 PM
WHO is the heck are some of the players on this Red Sox team????????

Frustrating . . .

Bloom is trying to see if he can set the record.for most guys he can play in a year.

markj

Just throwing AAA players against the Green Monster to see if any will stick.

Sea Dog 23

At other venues, Jays have now won seven straight after firing their manager, as elk pointed out.  Sometimes new faces can turn the trick.  Who will depart first, Cora or Bloom or a lot of the fans at Fenway?

elktonnick

I would fire Cora on general principles.  But that is not enough. The Red Sox need a complete rethink on their approach towards hitting, pitching, defense and physical conditioning.  They need a VP for Baseball Ops capable of seeing that through.  I do not believe Bloom is that person.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 27, 2022, 06:42:06 AM
I would fire Cora on general principles.  But that is not enough. The Red Sox need a complete rethink on their approach towards hitting, pitching, defense and physical conditioning.  They need a VP for Baseball Ops capable of seeing that through.  I do not believe Bloom is that person.

That's the real problem.  They guy that's supposed to staff the team fully doesn't do the job and the guy who manages what he has can't get at least get them to play at a AAA level.  It's hard to see where this team goes both short and long term as they've managed to pretty much screw up the organization top to bottom. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: elktonnick on July 27, 2022, 06:42:06 AM
Add personnel management approach to the otherwise perfect list.