5. Teoscar Hernandez (R) RF
6. Cavan Biggio (L) 2B
7. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
8. Raimel Tapia (L) LF
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 90°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Wow, the OF is a mess.  For the third game Duran is the CF.  He is just lost out there.  JBJ is the natural CF, but plays RF, tough at Fenway.  Verdugo plays mostly LF, but he is average at RF.  Raphaela will be the next good CF, but he is two years away.  Can Bloom find an OF somewhere, not named Conforto.

Sea Dog 23

Oh my.  Bello finally got out of the 1st, but the scoreboard guys in left may run out of numbers today.  It is what it is.

longgame

Tuned in at the beginning of the bottom of the 1st.  Imagine my “surprise” that they’ve already blown this game before even coming to bat.  I was able to back up and see the crappy pitching and defense for myself.  Let’s see how we can run into some outs now.

elktonnick

BoSoxFanNY

Looks like another loss.

The Red Sox were 11 games over .500 at the end
of June.  AND today will probably be at .500.

SAD . . .

Crazy to think that the only teams in the AL EAST that the
Red Sox have beat in July was the New York Yankees.
Can't beat the Rays or Jays . . .

ON another note - Congratulations to Big Papi - David Ortiz on
being inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Schloicka

Bello's era is now 10.50. If he's the best pitcher in the minors the Sox are in trouble.

longgame

Meet your Bloom Sox.  These are the guys Bloom wants to play and you can see they can’t hit, pitch or field.  From now on they are the Bloom Sox.

Sea Dog 23

I can’t imagine there was not one AAA batter, aside from Casas, who had MLB potential.  DD must have emptied the farm. Still in all of the trades made by Bloomer to build up the minors, it looks like2024-25 before any of these prospects can reform well in Boston.

markj

May be the last time we see the Sox at or above .500 this season.

Schloicka

Sox now 4/17 since starting to play TB, Yanks, TB, Yanks and Jays in a row.

MongoLikeSox

Glad I missed most of this. I was able to catch the last 1-1/2 innings. I see we made 3 errors. Oh joy!

How in the heck do you swing at a 98mph pitch 2 inches up and in and still get a decent hit to RF? Let the shell shock continue for Ort, too.

Come to think of it, I'm missed a lot of bad innings the past few days.

Congrats to Papi! He deserves it 10 times over.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are 14-31 vs the ALEast, 39-13against the other teams (my math may be a little off).  That is not just bad luck or bad baseball.  IMO it is a lot of “beat dog syndrome”,  the players are flat intimidated playing the division teams.  And that comes down to the manager, where the buck stops.  Bloom started the chain of events with his clown show of moves n the off -season. 

Boston fan my be more interested in Celtics and Durant in July. That should bother Henry.

elktonnick

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 25, 2022, 06:55:42 AM
The Sox are 14-31 vs the ALEast, 39-13against the other teams (my math may be a little off).  That is not just bad luck or bad baseball.  IMO it is a lot of “beat dog syndrome”,  the players are flat intimidated playing the division teams.  And that comes down to the manager, where the buck stops.  Bloom started the chain of events with his clown show of moves n the off -season. 

Boston fan my be more interested in Celtics and Durant in July. That should bother Henry.

Since I don't live in  Boston, do not listen to sports radio regularly but those who do tell me that Bostonian are really pissed at Henry.  If he does not either find a way to keep Bogey and Devers or get big named talent fans are ready to revolt.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 25, 2022, 06:55:42 AM

I'm actually amazed that whenever I listen to Boston talk radio, regardless of the time of year, they want to talk about the Patriots.  I imagine that will change as the Pats enter a stretch where they aren't winning all the time.  The Celtics are hot but Boston runs hot and cold on them, ditto the Bruins.  But the Sox seem to be actively want their fans to go away.