GAME #95 - SATURDAY, JULY 23, 2022 - TORONTO BLUE JAYS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 23, 2022, 10:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Well the beat goes on.  1/2 game out of the cellar, can NYY beat the surging O's?  Some moves yesterday, Raffy on the 10 day IL, Kike' now on the 60 day, and moved Jahlen Davis to AAA active list.  Was he on the taxi squad. 

There is no more batting help healthy enough in Worcester.  Can they promote someone from Portland?  our luck, Bloom is probably on vacation next week.

MongoLikeSox

Our offensive depth is very, very low. The current best bat is the DH/Catcher Ronaldo Hernandez, but I think they think very little of his defense. If JD goes to the IL, I would like to see this guy come up. He's been steady for almost two months now after a horrible start. Very limited place to use him.

Casas hasn't clicked yet in his return to Worcester. 0-9 now, IIRC.

Fitzgerald would be perfect except for a prolonged slump. In Portland, Binelas is FINALLY starting to hit a bit after a horrible promotion. Rafaela is next year. I think he's still making his AA adjustment, but he is doing well. Hamilton is faster than Duran, but he's been slumping, too.

Sanchez and Davis being called up are the better choices ATM, I think.

MongoLikeSox

'gents, I didn't see much of ysterday's game and will not see the first 1-2 hours of todays' game. Curious, though -  How was Sanchez at 2b? Downs looked like a fish out of water. Did Sanchez look like he still had his GG caliber defense?