Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 15, 2022, 03:10:01 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 15, 2022, 02:54:54 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 15, 2022, 02:26:30 PM
Let's hope Eovaldi ushers in a new era to this season:

#RedSox starting pitchers are 0-6 with a 7.84 ERA in the last 14 games.

The last Sox starter to record a win was Rich Hill in Cleveland on June 26.

I'm having palpitations already.  This could be a very ugly weekend.  There are a lot of people who need to be elsewhere next  year---Bloom, TFRC, Bradshit, FrenchFry, Dalpuke and a few others.

You had me laughing with the list of names. Just hoping I'll be laughing tonight and not at the ineptitude of the Sox.

Well glad I could make you laugh a little Ted because it has been a pretty dreary week for us........until tonight despite the palpitations and shakes.  But I'll bet you're laughing now....and good for you and all of us.  This was a very gutty win and did you see Brasier in the 11th.  He literally blew the Yankees away. Wow!!!!!  Maybe this guy stinks against  everyone else but gets himself high for the Yankees.  I do remember a couple of outings in relief for him against New York in 2018 and he was impressive.  Very strange if you ask me but he did the job and deserves all the credit we can give him.  He sure as hell made me feel a hell of a lot better, and, face it Ted, we needed a win tonight very badly and to get it at Yankees Stadium makes it even better.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 15, 2022, 09:24:54 PM
WTF is it with this team that NO ONE can throw accurately? These are pros and they can't throw a baseball 20ft without missing their target.

That's what the bastard gets for missing  time because he wouldn't get a shot, but I will give him a get out of jail card if he goes and kisses Brasier's cheek for saving him a lot of embarrassment.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 15, 2022, 09:49:22 PM
I can not recall the last time Bogey got a clutch hit.

I'm too elated and joyful to give Bogaerts a ration of shit right now; best I've felt in a week, but you and I know, and hopefully the rest of the board will and also the front office that Bogey is not a clutch hitter late in a game and most likely never will be.  What he does do often is get a big hit in the early innings before getting an apple stuck in his throat late in the game, but he gets a get out of jail card from he like Houck does.  I'm too grateful for what happened tonight to be mad at anybody.  That was one hell of a win.

longgame

Amazing they can’t beat the Rays or anyone else in the East, but seem to come alive versus the Yankees.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on July 16, 2022, 08:14:45 AM
Amazing they can’t beat the Rays or anyone else in the East, but seem to come alive versus the Yankees.

I think the difference there is the Rays great pitching.  And Cash knows our lineup so we’ll, he can roll out the one of a dozen pitchers for each situation.  I’ve had my fill of Rays for about four years now.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 16, 2022, 08:22:27 AM
Quote from: longgame on July 16, 2022, 08:14:45 AM

I think the difference there is the Rays great pitching.  And Cash knows our lineup so we’ll, he can roll out the one of a dozen pitchers for each situation.  I’ve had my fill of Rays for about four years now.
Add on to that is how the Rays conduct their AB's at times. Just like Toronto did. Wait until it's crunch time or a big situation unfolds and start slapping the ball into the holes our shifts allow. It's like clockwork. We make it easy for them to do. It's too much.