Quote from: markj on July 14, 2022, 07:13:21 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Kutter Crawford (R)

Rays

Drew Rasmussen (R)

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 30%

Kutter Crawford seems to have found himself in his last few outings with an improved curve ball that has stymied hitters, but can our snoozing hitters give him enough support so that we can at least salvage one game in this dreary four game series for our team.  I'll be asking myself that question up until and most likely till the game is well underway.  It would also help to get stiffs like Bradley and Dalbec out of the lineup and keep Frenchy as far away from first base defensively as we can imagine.  Right now we suck; can we at least start making an effort to stop leaving runners on base (Bogaerts), to stop making stupid running mistakes on the bases (Vazquez), and stop looking like worthless shits at the plate (most likely not with Bradley and Dalbec most likely back in the lineup failing again and again).  Bluntly speaking, we stand a good chance of finishing in last place for the fifth time in 11 years, a disgraceful record for a big market team.  Does our team even have the guts and pride to go out there are start kicking some ass again?  The jury is close to reaching a verdict and right now I don't like the possible decision.  Well, I got my Thursday rant in.

longgame

They get in these slides and I don't even want to watch them.  But then I do anyhow.  Hope springs eternal.

longgame

Franchy and JBJ in at 1B and CF.  Fred won't be happy.  But at least Dalbec isn't in - but he will be at some point to make sure he keeps his K count up. 

elktonnick

Dalbec, JBJ, Story and Cordero all have more strike outs than hits.  IMO their failure to put the ball in play and make productive outs is as big a factor as a dysfunctional bull pen in their overall poor play.

Sea Dog 23

News that WInchowski is on Covid watch list.  They promoted Darwinzon, hot dam.

elktonnick

markj

The last one right there was pathetic. Swings at a ball in the dirt and looks at strike 3 over the plate.

BoSoxFanNY

Just when I thought, maybe, just maybe they could win this game . . .
Top of the 7th inning Sox 3 - Rays 0
NOPE
Crawford loses control the third time through the order . . .
Relief pitcher comes in . . .
TIE game, men on base, no outs . . .
DAMN

BoSoxFanNY

longgame

BoSoxFanNY

After the Sox split the series with the Yankees -
I thought - okay! Here we go!

NOPE
About to be swept in a 4 game series to the Rays.
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

elktonnick

Once again Dalbec waves at a pitch out of the strike zone for his 75th K of the year.  Bobby strikes out once every three at bats

BoSoxFanNY

Rays 5 - Sox 4
DANG IT.

SWEPT by the Rays.

Now, on to the Yankees.

SOX are having a bad July so far . . .

markj

They could very well be in the basement by the ASB. If thats the case, then it's time for a garage sale.