Quote from: markj on July 13, 2022, 08:35:10 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Josh Winckowski (R)

Rays

Shane McClanahan (L)

Gametime Temp: 87°F
Chance of Precip: 11%

A questionable rookie of even more questionable talent against the ace of the Rays.   I wonder if even watching the game tonight is worth the effort since we can't beat the Rays' second raters.  Also this idea of welling Schreiber, our most consistent reliever for more minor leaguers is insane unless the team is finally believing that we have to rebuild.....something our front office goes down kicking and screaming that they will never do.  Ok bub, but as long as tight wad owner Prune Face is holding on to his wallet, what else realistically can be inferred from these rumors.

Sea Dog 23

Good news on Story (finger) and Strohm (wrist) after x-rays.  Showed negative for breaks.  Both have bruises and swelling, but could return sometime in the NYY series.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 13, 2022, 12:04:18 PM
Good news on Story (finger) and Strohm (wrist) after x-rays.  Showed negative for breaks.  Both have bruises and swelling, but could return sometime in the NYY series.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com
Awesome!!!

Could be a thin bench tonight if JDM is still ailing, Devers in obvious slow-down mode and Story has to sit out. Also short in the 'Pen. I can't imagine how long the list of should not pitch pitchers is tonight. I won't say unavailable, but should oughta.

markj

markj

longgame

This could be a short game if the Sox run into outs on the rare event they get on base.

markj

Well there's a twist. Instead of a K followed by a GIDP, we get a GIDP followed by a K.

Sea Dog 23

A walk, a single and a bloop single in the 3rd plates 2 for TB. A homer in the 4th and it’s a copy of Mondays game. 3-0. McClanahan will be tough.

elktonnick

Bogey showed no leadership on that play allowing the 4th run to score. Even Yuke and OB saying they are playing stupid baseball.

markj

They just can't beat the ALE teams. Which means they'll go nowhere if they even make it to the post-season.

markj

O's won their 10th straight game. Only 3.5 games separate the ALE teams not named Yankees. The WC is very much up for grabs.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 13, 2022, 08:14:07 PM
Bogey showed no leadership on that play allowing the 4th run to score. Even Yuke and OB saying they are playing stupid baseball.

Elk, how many times have I said on this board and the other one I post on THAT BOGAERTS IS NO LEADER, NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE, and I'm getting sick and tired to hearing the Red Sox front office keep harping that  they consider him a "leader on the team."  And what the hell was that walking corpse Bradley in the lineup against a left handed pitcher.  Are we going to have to stomach that bum in the lineup against all pitching.  We have a bunch of dumb, inspirited players who have been let down by the machinations of an incompetent baseball ops man in Bloom and a filthy rotten cheating manager in Cora.  Both should be shown the door after this season because we are toast and done.  Wouldn't surprise me if we wind up last in the division for the fifth time in 12 years, a despicable record for a team that is supposed to be a contender for a playoff spot EVERY F@#$%&G year.  It is time to bring up the kids that are ready and back up the truck and get rid of the garbage that have inundated this disgraceful team with no heart, no courage and no guts.

Sea Dog 23

I saw that Winchowski ranks 369 out of 374 pitchers in getting a swing and miss.  As they would say, he doesn't have an out pitch.

Yep, there are some dreadful  out there. We 're 11-23 vs ALEast and 31-14 central andwest.  If our reliable pitchers are slow coming back, there won't be a wild card.  As said, could we even win two straight games post season?

MongoLikeSox

This team is in full press mode. Trying to force the issue and stress setting in. Stupid running and throwing decisions. Bad swings increase. Some good old fashioned choking. This includes the Manager and base coaches. It's gonna happen I suppose, but it's never any fun when it does.

On the flip side, kudos to the Rays for recognizing a RF'er hesitating and then lobbing the baseball while a runner is in full sprint. They're like the Ravens and Seahawks of baseball. They turn up the heat in everything they do and every opportunity. It costs them sometimes, though, but last night it didn't.

Winckowski will learn and make more pitches. Bello will probably kick some tail in 2023. Crawford may have figured things out. We'll soon enough if he's got it three starts in a row.