GAME #88 - TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, July 12, 2022, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

including the one not made. No JDM for Franchy against a lefty with Downs on base. Pfffftttttt!!!  I'm sure that day's rest will help later. Impossible to overstate this as a Cora fail.

SeaBeachFred

Cora has completely lost it.  Conservatively I estimate that the FRC has cost us about five games this season with some of the dumbest moves a manager can make.  For him things are now more than having to even things out since 2018.  He has become a stubborn jackass like where was JDM  tonight? Think we couldn't have used his bat in one run game or biting and forcing the game when the Rays MGR held the runner on third and Cora still challenged it by having Verdugo try to score on a play that was impossible to make successful.  The good felling from Sunday has now dissipated and we had better not think we have a chance for a WC.  Between Cora's stupidity and the lack of clutch hitting from his charges we will most likely get swept tomorrow.  Time to rebuild because we are not going far with this shithole bullpen, especially when used people who do NOT pitch well when they come in with inherited runners.  Sad to say but this is a shitty team led by a totally shitty manager who has the Mark of Cain on his body as the filthy rotten cheater that he is.  Bloom must be allowed to pick his own manager after this season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 12, 2022, 08:34:24 PM
Good inning for Schreiber.

Schreiber has been very effective for the most part but the FRC for some reason either doesn't have confidence in him or has picked out another favorite or two for his mad experimentation.......like who he can pick to replace his favorite Robles----Valdez, Brasier, or some other stiff.  WE are done.

MongoLikeSox

Does anyone know how the Story and Strahm X-Ray visits went?

I am only repeating myself, but this ideal that is the Franchy Cordero upside is one that's affected at least 5 ballgames at 1B since mid-way through the previous road trip. His defensive prowess in the IF is not a slump. It's a tradition that spans his entire professional career. 5 ballgames in the past 2-3 weeks have been affected by his bad play. It has to stop now. You can't hide that kind of bad on the infield.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 13, 2022, 08:15:57 AM

I am only repeating myself, but this ideal that is the Franchy Cordero upside is one that's affected at least 5 ballgames at 1B since mid-way through the previous road trip. His defensive prowess in the IF is not a slump. It's a tradition that spans his entire professional career. 5 ballgames in the past 2-3 weeks have been affected by his bad play. It has to stop now. You can't hide that kind of bad on the infield.
\
Can't find anything related to it yet.

MongoLikeSox

Apparently JDM was out with a back pain issue. That would explain that bit of game management.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 13, 2022, 08:15:57 AM

Mongo, this is a simple thing.......if Franchy Cordero is hitting a ton and driving in runs the Red Sox can gag and try and man it up with him at first.  If he is NOT doing that kind of hitting, and I mean real productive hitting, he is a waste of time and a detriment to the team.  However, he is one of Bloom's trades and I suspect he will be given all the time needed to straighten himself out at first base even if he hurts the team.  I can't speak for other teams since I don't follow them but it seems like Cora and Blom have their personal favorites and in our case it has hurt our team severely over the past few years.  If this season ends as it seems to be heading those two boobs have to be kicked out of Boston, that is, if Henry will come out of his stupor and take real charge of the team and start spending money on solid talent as a big market team should do instead of trying to win on the cheap.  As I said last week, a 2013 season comes around about once a century.