GAME #87 - MONDAY, JULY 11, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ TAMPA BAY RAYS

Started by markj, July 11, 2022, 09:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on July 11, 2022, 09:30:10 PM
Valdez needs to follow Robles out the door.

Should of been out of the inning with no runs scored but Dalbec can't catch a popup and Franchi missed a ground ball. Can't give teams extra outs. Comes back to haunt you.

markj

Ah, Dalbec and Franchi. Two others I wouldn't mind saying good-bye to. But I suppose they need someone to fill the roster.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 11, 2022, 09:30:10 PM
Valdez needs to follow Robles out the door.

We've seen this Valdez before and it wasn't pretty then either.  Why can't we get rid of these bums instead of recycling them for another shot and then another and then another.   He is a Robles clone, but Bello looks like a piece of crap to me so far. Two starts and he has gotten the living shit knocked out of him.  Perhaps another in a long line of pitching "prospects" whose only prospects are to make us Red Sox fans sick to our stomach to watch them get creamed.  So far for Bello---NOT SO GOOD!!!!!/

MongoLikeSox

A funny thing happened with Bello. He stopped shaking off Vasquez so much and had two decent innings. His delivery looked much better, too. Straight ahead and attacking the hitter. Used his heater more. I wonder if the Chris Sale mentality was suggested? Whatever happened, he's got some things to work on. Location primarily.

That change-up of his did not drop like I thought I had remembered it dropping. I'll have to check out his next Worcester start.

Dalbec was a sloth out there at 3B last night. That pop up was the icing on the cake. Franchy cannot be on the infield when crunch time hits. 4 games since the cubs series he's given up outs. Valdez is supposed to pickup his team-mates, too.

And what is this not sliding crap? Bogey and Valdez. Speaking of sliding, does anyone slide slower than Duran? Duran's hair needs to be set ablaze again. Rolling over weakly and striking out now for 5 games, though he's hit the ball well with nothing to show for it at other times.

My big happy prize of the night goes to Bogey. Two opposite field hits and got him a RBI. It's been so long since he's done that poke to RF thing that it almost looked like a foreign thing to me. He might be poised for a big week.

elktonnick

After watching Dalbec  flounder and struggle at 3rd last night,  I couldn't help but laugh at those who thought he could play a better 3rd base than Devers.

Sea Dog 23

I recorded both the ESPN and the espn2 game Sunday night.  Clemens talked for about an hour on espn2 about how to pitch the great hitters, velocity(or less), what batters are expecting, how the great hitters can see you tipping all your pitches.

He talks about youngsters’ mistakes and how to teach them.  He’s an arrogant prick, but great knowledge of baseball.

longgame

Dalbec seems to be missing everything as it goes to his left.  They made a comment about it the other night how the ball tends to go back toward the field on the 3B side.  He hasn't picked that up, even though he was a 3B coming up.  See ya Bobby, good luck elsewhere and take Franchy with you. 

I don't get the poor sliding either, that's a fundamental skill.  Sox seem to get nervous playing TB and screw up like that. 

Jim Rice was talking about Bello in the post game and how he vomited all his pitches out in the first inning.  He said that Tiant would go as deep as he could on his fastball only, then break out something else.  Bello may not have El Tiante's stuff yet, but he should establish that fastball and play off it.  And why the heck wouldn't he just throw what Vaz tells him?

BosoxFan mentioned the scheduling.  Sox got in at 4:30AM.  Yankees got the day off and have a home game today.  WTF?