GAME #86 - SUNDAY, JULY 10, 2022 - NEW YORK YANKEES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, July 10, 2022, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Holy smokes!

I bet Eck's ranch that they start complaining about this all starting with the ball strike calls on Stanton.  thumb_u

markj

elktonnick

ESPN always is the horrors but these. clowns are beyond insufferable.  They have spent 90 per cent of the broadcast talking about the Yankees. That is when they actually talk about the game.

markj

Wow, they split the series. And two good games in a row. How about that?

BoSoxFanNY

NOW THAT was fun after the 4th inning.
Down 6 - 2, SOX come back to WIN 11 - 6!

JD Martinez hits a home run.
Trevor Story hits a 3 run single!

SOX SPLIT the series with the Yankees.

WOW!

elktonnick

Fantastic Sox win. Great comeback.  These guys can come back and they can hang with the Yankees. Besides the New Yorkers the most disappointed people were the ESPN announcers.

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: elktonnick on July 10, 2022, 09:47:52 PM
Fantastic Sox win. Great comeback.  These guys can come back and they can hang with the Yankees. Besides the New Yorkers the most disappointed people were the ESPN announcers.

Funny!
And true!

MongoLikeSox

Good stuff! That should carry them through to the all start break. Good for them.

Ort's stuff looked good, too.  I thought he was finished 2 months ago. His ERA was sky-high after a dozen appearances or so. I just looked at his game log. Something clicked after his May 14th outing. Dropped his ERA from 6.75 to 3.12 since. Dropped his Avg and WHIP from .259 and 1.65 down to .185 and 1.13. Pretty darned good.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox dominated this game after the 6th.  The yanks had been coasting early on.  But I think the Vaz homer put NY on notice and they started screwing up in the field.   Vaz  is the glue, catch, 1B, clutch h itter.

longgame

What a great win.  They said the Yankees hadn't given up that many runs all year.  Nice job with the bats coming alive late.  Have to love Aroldis Chapman if you're a Sox fan!  Nice to see a game with some runs scored and some positive excitement.

Yes it was very nice for the Yankee home broadcast announcers (Cone is actually one) to lose that game.  I can't imagine how insufferable it must have been to watch the "Kay-Rod" show they had on ESPN2.  Do they think that everyone is a Yankees fan?  Plus, Judge is a good ballplayer, but maybe let him complete a season injury free?  I'm sure they were disappointed that Judge lost that game, almost as disappointed as they'll be if he goes somewhere else.

MongoLikeSox

That broadcast was pathetic. Might have been the worst Sox-Yankees production to date. It's disgusting that a national broadcast is that badly skewed. A definite ESPN high water mark for that Yankees self-entitled smugness thing the actual broadcast does. Nauseating.

If Conan the barbarian was a Red Sox fan, the famous scene would have been like this. "Conan, what is best in live?" Conan: "Slaughter the Yankees, watch Billy Crystal lament."

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 11, 2022, 08:59:48 PM
That broadcast was pathetic. Might have been the worst Sox-Yankees production to date. It's disgusting that a national broadcast is that badly skewed. A definite ESPN high water mark for that Yankees self-entitled smugness thing the actual broadcast does. Nauseating.

If Conan the barbarian was a Red Sox fan, the famous scene would have been like this. "Conan, what is best in live?" Conan: "Slaughter the Yankees, watch Billy Crystal lament."

Great comeback yesterday and a great win.  We showed we can beat the Yankees.  The only problem is that we somehow couldn't carry it over to the Tampa Bay series.  More on that on another  thread.