5. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
6. Matt Carpenter (L) LF
7. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
9. Kyle Higashioka (R) C

Gametime Temp: 70°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

MongoLikeSox

I hope that nasty curve crawford showed up with last weekend plays today.

MongoLikeSox

Looks like Crawford had a decent start. I hate I missed it. Turned it on just in time to see Plawecki throw out someone.

I vote nobody mess with JD about forcing the HR thing.

I also vote whoever is calling the game for Fox not be allowed back in the booth. The old catcher pieriz.....ski is always entertaining, but that other dude pretending he knows what he's talking about is annoying. 

longgame

Well at least the Sox got to Holmes and tied the game.  Of course now they have to find a way to hold off the Yankees and then score again.  Has Story had a hit with men on base since that week he was on a tear? 

Play by play guy is pretty bad.

longgame

Of course they give up a lead off walk to start the 9th…

markj

markj

I have to say that I won't be sad to see Dalbec get traded.

markj

They better win this quick because it'll be all over if Diekman comes in.

markj

markj

longgame

SOX WIN!  What an ending, I thought for sure it was over when they gave up 2 in the 10th, but what a way to win with the hit by Verdugo to score Jeter Downs! 

Sox and fans alike needed this shot in the arm.

elktonnick

How about that! With the game on the line I would rather have Verdugo up than Bogey. Fred is right Bogey is not clutch.

BoSoxFanNY

WOW!
The Sox actually win a game in extra innings AND against the Yankees.
Sox 6 - Yankees 5

Thank you Alex Verdugo!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 09, 2022, 10:02:46 PM
How about that! With the game on the line I would rather have Verdugo up than Bogey. Fred is right Bogey is not clutch.

Great comeback win---and we needed that very badly.  Verdugo is more clutch than Bogaerts who I have said for years is not a good clutch hitter in the late innings except on very rare occasions.  Analytics make him look good because he gets hits, has a good batting average and scores runs.  Analytics today deemphasizes RBI's and that to me is still the telling point I use to judge hitters.....how they hit with men on bases.  Bogaerts has never been good at that and would be better in the #2 position where his pitiful RBI record would not bring down the team.  But it was a great win and I hope Elk that the team rallies from this and goes out and win tomorrow as well to split the series.  We're at home and the Red Sox should have enough fire and pride to go out there and win another one........and Cora gets mixed results.  He once again put Brasier in who stunk but got it right when he got his ass out of the game before it was too late.  Now we have to get his ass out of Boston as we did with Robles.

MongoLikeSox

That was big! Downs was flying off the crack of the bat. I didn't think he was gonna have a chance with Gallo out there.

Fred, I agree 100% with you on Bogey being a 2-hole hitter. Lead off wouldn't be bad either as he is an exceptional base runner.

Anyhow, nice win. Verdugo's been making contact for a while now. Great for him.

Woo hoo!