5. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
6. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
7. Jose Trevino (R) C
8. Marwin Gonzalez (S) SS
9. Joey Gallo (L) RF

Gametime Temp: 80°F
Chance of Precip: 1%

longgame

I'm guessing we're all on the same page here - we can't have another crappy start where we give up the lead early and someone other than Devers needs to start hitting with authority.

elktonnick

In my opinion Seabold has no business being in there.  Cora et al has done this kid a big disservice.

longgame

I’ve seen this movie before.  Seabold has never looked confident and his performance has matched it.

Maybe I’ll watch something else tonight.

markj

Well, we gave up the lead early. Looks like last night's game.

elktonnick

My wife called it.  I asked before the game, her how many were the Yanks going to score in the first, she said at least 4.

longgame

It’s just brutal to face this team with minor league pitching. 

elktonnick

Seabold is not mentally prepared for facing the Yankees.  Unless he makes a 180 degree turn I see this outing as a major step backward for this kids confidence.

longgame

Arroyo loses a fly ball and 2 more score.  Seabold is out.  Eck summed it up well “this is a sad moment for the Red Sox.”

What a disaster.  It’s hard to pass around a ton of blame with 4 starters on the IL, but the timing couldn’t be worse and it looks like it may be one of those Boston Massacre weekends with the bullpen coming in in the third inning tonight.

Then they get to do this all on the road next week.

elktonnick

Arroyo losing the ball in right field is the perfect metaphor for this team and Cora philosophy of resting players and putting guys anywhere. 

markj

MongoLikeSox

And now the All-Star 3B reverts to his gorilla swings while being hurt. You want the bank, you grow up. You hurt your teams chances.

What was Seabold's injury back in May? 70+ pitches isn't a whole lot, but 70+ in 3 innings gets hairy.

Welcome to the low point v2.

longgame

Amazing that they keep giving themselves chances to get back into this game and then blow it.  Two times with the bases loaded and nothing for it.

longgame