6. Taylor Walls (S) 3B
7. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
8. Francisco Mejia (S) C
9. Vidal Brujan (S) 2B

Gametime Temp: 76°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

BoSoxFanNY

longgame

Great idea going with the regular lineup against a division rival.  No more days off until the ASB except for JBJ. 

MongoLikeSox

Maybe batting 2nd will cool Vasquez's jets a little bit and have some of the plate appearances like he's had the past month and a half. Last night was a little silly. 

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on July 06, 2022, 02:40:58 PM
Great idea going with the regular lineup against a division rival.  No more days off until the ASB except for JBJ.
Is Devers injured?

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on July 06, 2022, 03:17:08 PM
Is Devers injured?

I guess I read what I wanted to see.  Not sure what happened there!  I have no idea.

longgame

Is Devers injured?

Apparently he asked for a day off yesterday,  but no reason was specified.

Schloicka

Hopefully Brayan Bello pitches well win or lose. Sox can use a shot in the arm in the rotation.

Sea Dog 23

Sale was clocked at 97 on first pitch for Wooster tonight.  It will probably be the Mon-Tues Rays series next week before he’s ready.

BoSoxFanNY

The month of July is not going well, so far for the Sox offense.
Tampa Bay 4 - Sox 0 in the bottom of the 3rd inning . . .
AND, they have had some chances.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on July 06, 2022, 03:39:26 PM
Is Devers injured?

Apparently he asked for a day off yesterday,  but no reason was specified.
I read somewhere that Cora was on some radio show and said Devers was feeling sore.

BoSoxFanNY

Where is our OFFENSE?

This team has reverted back to April.

CRAP!

And the Yankees are coming to town tomorrow for 4 games.

MongoLikeSox

Well, that was a twitchy version of Bello. Sort of like Winckowski on his first start? We saw some of what he can do, but certainly not nasty like I've seen in MiLBTV.

Sale was short-arming some pitches tonight. He did a bit of that in Portland last week, but it was just the one inning.

What they didn't mention was that Josh Taylor pitched a clean inning striking out all 3. I missed it, though.

elktonnick

MongoLikeSox

So, did you guys hear them talking about this power outage? Cora said they were not too concerned, but they were "talking about it". Why in the heck would you be talking to hitters about changing a damned thing when a few of them were batting .330-.350. Even the rest of them added up to top line offensive, scoring and hitting doubles by the bushel. They were dialed in since May 10th or so. Sure thing. change what you were doing well. What's that parable about the goose and golden egg thing?