5. Nico Hoerner (R) SS
6. Yan Gomes (R) C
7. Narciso Crook (R) RF
8. Alfonso Rivas (L) 1B
9. Christopher Morel (R) 2B

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Winchy wanted to make Devers feel like less of a fool for missing 1B by a mile, so he showed him that it could happen to anyone. What a nice guy.

markj

elktonnick

Baseball is a simple game.  You see the ball, you hit the ball, you throw the ball, you catch the ball.  Tonight the Red Sox can not do any of these right.  They are playing brain dead awful baseball

markj

Here I was thinking a few days ago that they'd better take this series or even sweep if possible. Now I'm hoping the Sox don't get swept. The early season Sox are definitely back.

markj

Duran hits a double, then Devers watches 3 strikes go by. Are they trying to lose or what?

elktonnick

markj

Then JD-the-Useless K's looking. His BA is about to drop below .300.

markj

I'm wondering if the chemistry they seem to have built over the last month got wrecked by the unvaxxed idiots missing the TOR trip.

elktonnick

markj

They're back in 3rd place and heading down. The next two weeks are going to be brutal. I suspect they'll be so far out of it by the ASB that Henry & Bloom will have a garage sale and dump salaries.

Schloicka

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 02, 2022, 09:02:36 PM
I'm wondering if the chemistry they seem to have built over the last month got wrecked by the unvaxxed idiots missing the TOR trip.

Possibly Markj.....their missing in action certainly did not help, but of a bigger catastrophe was Cora and his insistence in pitching Robles twice in key situations that cost us games we were leading and could have and should have won.  I think the team has returned to the May team and are now in the beginning of a tragic free fall, only unlike May when Cora was managing as best he could, he has completely gone off the rails with one bonehead move after another.   His idiotic insistence that Robles can do the job either demonstrates a ridiculous confidence in a favorite of his, or a complete uncoupling of a man who shouldn't even be managing our team, the filthy rotten cheater.  At least we can now begin the process of trading away we don't need like Bradley, release those who simply stink like Barnes and Robles, trade Bogaerts for a good prospect since he is leaving anyway after the season.  The team will be toast by the end of next week.  Most importantly, Cora cannot handle a team made up of young talented prospects since that is not among his small areas of strength, and needs to go.  It is a disgrace to have a cheater running our team as I have said over and over and will continue to say it until that bum is out of Boston.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on July 02, 2022, 09:13:02 PM
They're back in 3rd place and heading down. The next two weeks are going to be brutal. I suspect they'll be so far out of it by the ASB that Henry & Bloom will have a garage sale and dump salaries.

Right!!!!  That will get Henry off his yacht and away from counting his money, but the Three Stooges together aren't worth a warm pitcher of spit so don't expect much in the way of smart planning to rectify what has become of our disgraceful team.

MongoLikeSox

I had wondered about the Robles effect, too. I read yesterday where his last 17 outings have produced an ERA over 9.00. (17 times in 2 months?)

Last night was one of those strange games. Nothing fell in, bats on shoulders and bad defense.

Using Franchy at 1B is asking for trouble on anything non-routine. Dalbec was better, but has slipped off on defense big-time recently. His baseball fielding skills are a paradox in of itself.

JD's been struggling ever since he started worrying about power numbers. it seems like that to me, anyhow.

Houck's mistake pitches bit him last night, but they were fewer in number again. Despite the run, I think he's getting used to the job, as temporary as it might be. TBD?