GAME #77 - FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ CHICAGO CUBS

Started by markj, July 01, 2022, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

elktonnick

I am trying to recall a reliever in recent memory worse than  Robles,  Why is he still here?

BoSoxFanNY

After a good beginning of the game offensively with the Sox beating the Cubs
4 - 0, the relief pitchers let us down again.
CRAP - Sox lose to the Cubs 6-5.
Hate Robles - he has cost us 2 games within a week.
Just when I thought the Sox were playing well on all cylinders,
they have 3 of the last 4.
A month full of playing teams in the AL EAST.
I thought the Cubs would be an easier team to beat.
NOT a good way to start July.

Rant over!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on July 01, 2022, 03:41:23 PM
Duran gets an RBI single in the 6th and Robles just gave up the tying 2-run homer.

Didn't see it Sea Dog.  As soon as I heard Cora's pet Robles was in the game I changed channels because I knew what was going to happen again.  Can you believe the stupidity of that filthy rotten cheater of a manager we have?  Time and again and again and again and again he has turned to his pet canary to pitch with a lead.  Not only can't he close out a game in the ninth inning but you cannot trust him with any kind of a lead at any time.  I knew what going to happen and found out an hour later when I saw we lost.  Not surprised.  Yes, I have grown to despise Cora but it is now more than just his being a rotten cheater.  He has become the Baron of Boneheads with one miserable move after another.  He has lost it and must be fired at the end of this season.

What makes it worse is that he plays his favorites.  Last season it was Dennis Santana and Marwin Gonzales who he kept running out there until Santana was waived and Gonzales DFA'd to Houston.  How shitty were they?  Both are now out of baseball less than a year from when Cora was waxing poetic about Santana getting his mojo back and Miserable Marwin stinking up both at the plate and in the field.  Now we have Robles.  Bloom, get off your rotten ass and release this piece of pitching crap by  this weekend because the FRC will keep using him to try and prove that he is still the smartest man in the room when in fact he has become a dumb worthless turd in the dugout.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2022, 04:01:24 PM
There was a point where Hill completely lost it and they left him for three more batters.  I was upset at the time, but seeing the alternatives, I now know why.  First of all, Robles has to be dumped, right now.  The guy is a total disaster.  Danish hasn't impressed me. Diekmann sucks too.  I'm reminded of Bluto in Animal House.

QuoteWell, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Robles, he's a dead man! Danish, dead! Diekmann...

Ted, check Hill's stats this season  He usually pitches four pretty good innings and falls apart by the fifth.  We could have gone with a bullpen game from there on is, minus rotten Robles.  We do have enough relievers who can give us at least one good inning.  But Cora, the FRC, will do the same thing with Hill the next time  that he always does with Robles.  The manager sucks.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on July 01, 2022, 04:48:42 PM
I am trying to recall a reliever in recent memory worse than  Robles,  Why is he still here?

Because Cors loves the guy.   Please understand, no matter how bizarre it may seem , CORA HAS FAVORITES AND PLAYS THEM!!!!!  Remember Dennis Santana and Marwin Gonzales last season, and Robles now?  What more proof do you need that the FRC very often goes with his heart and plays his favorites.  Simple as that.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 01, 2022, 06:26:41 PM
Duran gets an RBI single in the 6th and Robles just gave up the tying 2-run homer.

Didn't see it Sea Dog.  As soon as I heard Cora's pet Robles was in the game I changed channels because I knew what was going to happen again.  Can you believe the stupidity of that filthy rotten cheater of a manager we have?  Time and again and again and again and again he has turned to his pet canary to pitch with a lead.  Not only can't he close out a game in the ninth inning but you cannot trust him with any kind of a lead at any time.  I knew what going to happen and found out an hour later when I saw we lost.  Not surprised.  Yes, I have grown to despise Cora but it is now more than just his being a rotten cheater.  He has become the Baron of Boneheads with one miserable move after another.  He has lost it and must be fired at the end of this season.

What makes it worse is that he plays his favorites.  Last season it was Dennis Santana and Marwin Gonzales who he kept running out there until Santana was waived and Gonzales DFA'd to Houston.  How shitty were they?  Both are now out of baseball less than a year from when Cora was waxing poetic about Santana getting his mojo back and Miserable Marwin stinking up both at the plate and in the field.  Now we have Robles.  Bloom, get off your rotten ass and release this piece of pitching crap by  this weekend because the FRC will keep using him to try and prove that he is still the smartest man in the room when in fact he has become a dumb worthless turd in the dugout.

When I was a kid in Little League I had a good friend named on the team named Danny, like Danny Santana.  My coach, one of the greatest men I've ever met, our hometown Roberto Clemente who died on an icy road delivering gifts to kids on Christmas Eve, always called him Dennis.  Thanks for bringing back that great memory of a great man!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2022, 09:02:03 PM

When I was a kid in Little League I had a good friend named on the team named Danny, like Danny Santana.  My coach, one of the greatest men I've ever met, our hometown Roberto Clemente who died on an icy road delivering gifts to kids on Christmas Eve, always called him Dennis.  Thanks for bringing back that great memory of a great man!

My God Ted, if I can make a friend of mine feel happy when I'm in such a miserable mood and made as hell, maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all.  Glad  to have been able to give you a memory that you cherish Ted.  Now return it for me if you will by giving out good vibes so we win the series by taking the next two games in a row.

BTW, did I tell you that I am going to Cooperstown on the 21st to be there for the induction of our BIG PAPI into the Hall of Fame.   It is a long weekend of festivities and I have just got to be there.  I was at Fenway on June 23, 2017 when they retired Papi's number and put it on the board out in right field and just have to be there for this event.  Papi made us winners.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 01, 2022, 09:16:28 PM
Quote from: longgame on July 01, 2022, 09:02:03 PM

My God Ted, if I can make a friend of mine feel happy when I'm in such a miserable mood and made as hell, maybe I'm not such a bad guy after all.  Glad  to have been able to give you a memory that you cherish Ted.  Now return it for me if you will by giving out good vibes so we win the series by taking the next two games in a row.

BTW, did I tell you that I am going to Cooperstown on the 21st to be there for the induction of our BIG PAPI into the Hall of Fame.   It is a long weekend of festivities and I have just got to be there.  I was at Fenway on June 23, 2017 when they retired Papi's number and put it on the board out in right field and just have to be there for this event.  Papi made us winners.
Old stomping grounds. Spent 4 years there in a town 15 miles up Rt 28 back when the affects the HOF on the local area were minimal. Left in '85. Such good times. Still miss it. Been 10+ years since i last visited.